How do you guys do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys do it?

i just sold my first guitar. i have been a player for about 19 yrs now and over the yrs ive just bought and never sold. now im up to around 17 and im in the quest for my personal grail....a Les Paul Goldtop. ive decided to thin out a few of my guitars and i sold my first one, a Reverend, who if anyone here owns one or has played one knows, they are just GREAT guitars. ANYWAY, i packaged it up and mailed it this morning and man, im BUMMED, i know when i get the paul it will be all worth it but to be totally honest, im fucking upset about losing this quitar. So my question is, i know a lot of you guys buy and sell on a regular basis. Does it get easier as time goes on because right now all i wanna do is smoke a fatty and listen to the blues man...... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Re: How do you guys do it?

i know...wrong forum.
    as soon as i posted i knew it was in the wrong one. should be in the non Jackson forum.
    see im so upset i cant even post right.
    maybe one of the nice admins could move it for me..
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I've been buying and selling quite avidly for a couple of years now. Sometimes I would be a little bummed but when the replacement for what was sold arrived the happiness returned. Recently I sold my soul ('99 KV-1 bgf) - I'll admit I'm having a mother fucker of a time getting over this one. Once I get my hands on a couple more old model series Charvels and a trans top SLSMG though I think things will be alright !

Comment

My rule is simple.. If I am not 100% in love with any of my guitars, I sell them. The reasons vary from quality to finish to just not bonding with it. In the past, I have sold guitars I loved because of financial reasons, and those are the ones I really regret.

Rich

Comment

I agree 100% Rich, same here Sir. jack.

Comment

I regret selling a lot of the guitars I have sold.

1. Heartfield Talon III - Dead mint, awesome playing guitar.

2. BC Rich NJ series Bich - Also in mint condition, and it was an awesome playing guitar.

3. BC Rich NJ series Bich - Yes another one, sold it to a friend, and I miss it.

4. Larrivee Voodoo - EXTREMELY rare neck thru, ebony board. If you've never played a Larrivee electric you're missing out. I refinished this one and I've been looking for one ever since.

5. Gibson U2 - I didn't appreciate it at the time, but I sure wish I still had it.

I guess the moral here is: if you think you might regret it, then for fucks sake do not sell it.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

To me guitars are like girlfriends. After I get rid of one there is always something about it/her I wish I could have back.

The good part is guitars don't get jealous and cut off your junk if you have more than one of them at the same time!!

Comment

My only reason is that I'm plain fickle! A guitar I'm totally in love with today may be for sale tommorow. They are just like women.....you don't miss one till its gone. (but then if you buy it back you quickly realize why you sold it in the first place!) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I have regreted a few of my sales afterward. I agree with what was said earlier. If I am not 100% in love with one, it can be sold if the price is right.

I took a brand new Jem7DBK and traded it even for my Charvel 750XL. Even though the Jem was much more expencive, I just had to have the Charvel. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Well yeah, but trading an Ibenhad for a Charvel just makes sense. You surely can't be feeling any real remorse can you???
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Not on that one I dont. Let me see if I can find the thread on that one and you can see how happy I was that day. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I cant find it anywhere. Oh well.

Comment

Does anyone else feel a very strong emotional attachment to a particular guitar? I could NEVER sell my DK1. It was my first Jackson, I ordered it after saving up for one for years, and I still play it the most. It's full of mojo. It's my best friend. Or maybe I've just been getting into Vai a little too much [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No, it doesn't get any easier with the ones you've had for long periods of time. I've had a ton of stuff come and go over the years but the only ones I truly regret are the ones that stuck around for a while. If you've had everything in your collection for a long period of time, just give in to the fact that your gear whoring is a one-way street. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I regret selling 99% of the guitars I've sold, and I'm half-and-half on the other 1% [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The ones I don't regret as much are the ones that led to others that I liked more; I sold a Pedulla Pentabuzz 5-string fretless bass to a guy in Tokyo. All the bass needed was to have the fretboard recoated. He bought it for $950 shipped. Two years later, he helped me find a Japanese-market-only JacksonStars NASL Archtop Soloist, and that one shares the #1 spot with my LP Standard and JCF Rhoads. Had I not sold him the bass, I probably would not have found anyone to help me get an NASL.

But otherwise, I wish I had most of the others back [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm up to nine guitars and don't think I could sale any of them either. Of course most of that is due to the fact I would probably not get any thing for them, so the only purpose would be to make space, plus there's something about all of them I like.

JE

Comment

Working...
                              X