Does this exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this exist?

Has there ever been a Rhoads that had a single humbucker/single volume/fixed bridge configuration with no pickguard? I'm afraid I may have to go custom shop to obtain one of these.

Re: Does this exist?

I doubt there has ever been one. If I had ever seen it I would have to have it.

Don

Comment

Why yes, there was the Danny Spitz Captain America comic Rhoads. One hum, one volume, and string through. Custom of course. And then there's this one owned by some bloke in the Gallery:

Not exactly what you requested, but close enough. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I don't think there was ever a production model made like that. The NAMM Dragonfire Rhoads fits the bill though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

Comment

Correct, I cannot recall a USA Production Rhoads with a single hum, single volume, and string through. In fact, single hum neck throughs are very uncommon for Jackson...
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Damn, that's what I thought. Well, I guess I need to start saving my money now. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
              Has there ever been a Rhoads that had a single humbucker/single volume/fixed bridge configuration with no pickguard? I'm afraid I may have to go custom shop to obtain one of these.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only ones I remember seeing are Chris Holmes's from WASP. He had the Zebra Rhoads and a black Rhoads. They weren't string through though, they had stop bars. Here's a link that has some pics of those two.

http://ca.regionline.fi/unitar/thunderhead/

JE

Comment

My Tribal Rhoads fits that bill. I one hum, one vol, string through...
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I'm afraid I may have to go custom shop to obtain one of these.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Given this statement, I don't think he was wanting to know about Custom Shop models, just Production ones [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Rhoads that had a single humbucker/single volume/fixed bridge configuration with no pickguard? I'm afraid I may have to go custom shop to obtain one of these.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you're a cheapskate, you can get a JS30RR, pull the neck pup & switch, and do a fill-in! You get 24 frets too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X