My latest GAS attack!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest GAS attack!!!

This has to be my worst case of GAS ever! I always tried to get into Gibsons and PRSs, but I always come back to Jackson. This has been going on for the past 20 years. I've finally come to my senses. I'm back (again), but this time it's for good. I sold off 2 PRSs, a Les Paul and a bunch of project guitars to fund my GAS attack.

2001 Trans Blues KV1 (Thanks Ryan/inazone)
    2004 Trans Black SLATQH (Thanks Scott/vwall)
    1987 Natural Student Soloist Arch top (Thanks Toru/dinkyjacksonman)
    1997 Euphoria PC-1 (Thanks Joe/charvel750)
    my strat/warmoth project. I tried to sell this one, but I'm glad it didn't go. It's the only non-J/C I love.

I've been guilty of going for the guitars that were "in" and not what I necessarily felt comfortable with. Now, I like metal, 80's metal, and Jacksons and I don't give a crap what anybody thinks. I'll get off of my soapbox now!

I'm just waiting on my SL2HT Limited Chlorine that is on order from Vwall guitars.

I would like to thank the admins and every member of this board for providing a great place to come to discuss and learn about the finest guitars in the world.
    [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: My latest GAS attack!!!

DUDE! You do know that TUMS is only like 89 cents per roll, right? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Wait a minute, or does that only works for heartburn? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyway, cool photo there! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Sweet!!

Comment

I love that black string thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Sweet!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          This has to be my worst case of GAS ever! I always tried to get into Gibsons and PRSs, but I always come back to Jackson. This has been going on for the past 20 years. I've finally come to my senses. I'm back (again), but this time it's for good. I sold off 2 PRSs, a Les Paul and a bunch of project guitars to fund my GAS attack.

2001 Trans Blues KV1 (Thanks Ryan/inazone)
          2004 Trans Black SLATQH (Thanks Scott/vwall)
          1987 Natural Student Soloist Arch top (Thanks Toru/dinkyjacksonman)
          1997 Euphoria PC-1 (Thanks Joe/charvel750)
          my strat/warmoth project. I tried to sell this one, but I'm glad it didn't go. It's the only non-J/C I love.

I've been guilty of going for the guitars that were "in" and not what I necessarily felt comfortable with. Now, I like metal, 80's metal, and Jacksons and I don't give a crap what anybody thinks. I'll get off of my soapbox now!

I'm just waiting on my SL2HT Limited Chlorine that is on order from Vwall guitars.

I would like to thank the admins and every member of this board for providing a great place to come to discuss and learn about the finest guitars in the world.
          [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that Trans-Blue Randy Rhoads and that Pink Soloist with the strat headstock and Jackson logo!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That KV is friggin schweeeet! I likeey!

Comment

Excellent! So did you pass on that purple Horizon?

Comment

I passed. I could have traded My SL2 for it, but I worked out a deal with Ryan for the KV2 that was better. The guy says it's not for sale, but I think I can buy it outright from him. I'll try again in a month or so. I'll keep you posted. It's a little more dinged then I remembered, but I might refinish it anyway if I got it.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Jim

Comment

WOW!!! Thoughs are super nice!! I really like that king V!

Ox

Comment

I sure hope your guitar rack is securely fastened to the wall man [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ahh, PC-1s are lovely. . .

Comment

Holy minoly, you bought all 4 now [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Really Sweet slatq!!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Me rikey berry much. </font>
                        [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I love archtops ... i want one...and a chlorine finish on the way ? dude you are one lucky bastard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Is the yellow archtop the custom shop one we see a bit around?

Comment

It's not the bolt on Custom shop one. Although I almost bought that one. It is great getting a bunch of guitars at once, but don't forget, I gave up 2 PRSs a Les Paul plus others to get these. Of all the guitars I have owned, I always regretted getting rid of the Jacksons. I never regretted the others.

Maybe you all can help me with some changes I was thinking about. First off, I think I'm going with EMG's 85-bridge 81-neck) for the King V. I'm going to have Budman/Dave make me brass rings for the 87 Arch top that better fit those standard size pickups to the big Ontario routes, but I will keep the pickups(non logoed seymours). He is also making me brass rings for the SLATQH. Here's where you can all chime in. The PC-1 has all EMG's (81/SA/SA) in it. Now, when I got it from Joe, I was planning on switching back to Dimarzio's and a Jackson Sustainer. I wouldn't even know where to look for an original sustainer. After playing it and hearing it, I'm thinking about keeping the EMG's in there. It absolutely screams. it's also very unique.

What would you do?

Comment

Working...
                              X