Need some Guidance from the Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Guidance from the Experts

I've got a San Dimas Bengal (Orange and Black) in pretty good shape , a few minor dings, and I 'm thinking I'd like this guitar much better stripped down to a natural wood finish and (Oil sealed?). Will I kill my resale value (5-10 years down the road she's a great playing guitar)? Everything right now is original. And also does anyone know who would be a good person to bring it to to strip and seal it in the Boston/New Hamphire Area. I know GMW is the best , but I 'd rather not send the body all the way the California if I don't have to.
    Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: Need some Guidance from the Experts

I hate bengals, but don't destroy an original graphic finish if it doesn't look absoultely horrid.

Of course, do what you want... just my opinion...

Maybe consider getting a fully routed unfinished body from Wayne guitars... your neck and parts should bolt right in.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It doesn't look horrid, it's got a couple of dings, 2 down to the wood, but overall it's in OK shape, I just hate the finish,but again I don't want to kill it's value either. I didn't know I could get a body from Wayne, he'll sell parts separately?

Comment

I agree - if you don't like the finish, please don't destroy it for someone who might own it down the line.

Comment

That's what I need to hear, I'll post some pics when I get her cleaned up, the guitar is in OK shape, just needs some TLC, luckily the neck is in good shape, so I guess I'll leave the Bengal finish on there, any ideas for restoring her back to health,(in the Boston/NH area)?

Comment

Please step away from the guitar. Slowly put down the sandpaper. Close the case and slowly latch it up tight. Now store the guitar in a nice cool, place until you snap out of your condition. LOL
            Leave the finish all original. The resale value will be destroyed.
            1990 Jackson Professional
            1992 Dean ML
            2004 Epiphone Flying V
            2005 Epiphone Dot
            2009 Fender Stratocaster
            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
            2006 Fender P Bass
            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
            Custom Pedalboard
            ADA MP1
            ADA FX2
            Tascam 2488

Comment

Thanks for all of your feedback, I am going to leave the finish alone, I am just looking for opinions on this matter, and it surely seems to be leaning towards the "Leave her alone " opinion, so I will do just that.
              May need to replace the kahler however,it's pretty beat. this thing has been siting in afriend of mines older brothers closet since 1990 when he bought it and then he never learned how to play, so it just sat.
              I gladly took it off his hands! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, your lucky! lol

Ox

Comment

Ya , FINALLY, I got a score like some of the pawn shop stories I read in here. I'm real lucky on this one $350.00 is all it cost me! YEEEEEHA!

Comment

Working...
                  X