No announcement yet.

Brook's Interview and pickup question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook's Interview and pickup question!

First, everyone check out Brook's Q&A with Phil Collen on his website...
    Brooks

Anyways. my question is...have you guys ever put lets say Dimnarzio single-coils into an originally routed SD spot that is not the round oval spot, but has the SL1 type route? How does it look? I am going away from the pickguard option and am thinking about keeping the flamed top visible

Re: Brook\'s Interview and pickup question!

My question will be how does a lacewood body guitar sound like.
    I am wondering how it sounds compare to Alder or Poplar.
    I had an Ibanez RG with Lacewood but the one Phil uses(used to use) hvae/had oilfinished type body and Maple neck.

Comment

By the way, GREAT interview Brooks!
      You and Phil rule!
      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Obviously Brooks would be the expert on the sound, but Warmoth.com gives a description on lacewood. Also, if you email Keith, he will probably give you more specifics.

Another thing to keep in mind (not sure how this will affect lacewood species), but there probably many species of Lacewood, and I bet some have different properties. At least for maple and mahogany, without the proper latin name (genus and species), they could be completely different from each other. Its like saying you drive a Ford, they are all related, but they are very different, size, speed, ect. So in wood, different species probably means different textures, grain, and color. Maybe Ibanez uses cheap Lacewood, which makes Brook's all the cooler..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Toru. Lace compared to ash, I dont know. But I will ask him on the next round of questions. I will ask about the KOA, Mahogany, Lace and Ash.

Brooks
          www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Brooks, ask about Korina, pretty please!!!!!

One more thing Brooks, this is up to both you and Phil, but I think it would be cool to have a page of Phil's guitars, like on Vai's website, and have info on them, like when they were used, ect. I know its a huge task, but I thought that would be awesome. And if it is a yes, I have no problem helping, even though I don't know what I will do.

Comment

I did start this page a while ago:

http://www.brooksguitarworld.com/tourequip.html

Brooks

"By a fan, for the fans"
              www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

No no no, I meant individual guitars like Steve Vai's website. It shows all his Jems and what he used them on, ect. Basically, I wanted to see all the cool PCs Phil has that can't be seen in many places. Like a blue one with fret markers that I found today. And a black LP with soapbars, ect ect ect. And I realize he probably has 100 guitars plus, but it would be cool to see all the rare ones.

Comment

No no no, I meant individual guitars like Steve Vai's website. It shows all his Jems and what he used them on, ect. Basically, I wanted to see all the cool PCs Phil has that can't be seen in many places. Like a blue one with fret markers that I found today. And a black LP with soapbars, ect ect ect. And I realize he probably has 100 guitars plus, but it would be cool to see all the rare ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X