Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new theory on Charvel and EVH.

[ QUOTE ]
    Amps - I predict either a Bogner / EVH re-union (Rhienhold modded his early Marshall's...) or a Roccaforte / EVH deal...

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

steevo,
    i thought jose arrendondo did his early mods. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I think hes an addict(alcahol) and addicts tend to be controling..He totally controls the band.Totally controls the music.Just fired his long time sound engineer..His contract with peavey ends in OCT I believe..I wouldnt buy one of his guitars at all..Just give him time to kill himself then watch all the striped guitars that will be made then..He'll be dead and no one can get sued..Valerie wont care and wolfie will probably be drunk too..After all the only example he has is EVH...Like I said addicts are controling by nature so he will definetly be making a deal where he has total control...Peavey is smart to not resign him ..Hes a nobody..hasnt had a hit in decades..Old school shredding is out..at least for the people buying CDs .. I personally like shredding...

As far as the apms go well who cares...Whatever company cuts a deal with that man will get nothing from him but a 5150 sound alike..Peavey has Joe satriani now and the 5150 is outdated...Marshall dont really need an endorser, they rock period..Marshall amps can sell on tone alone...Ya never know though..Fender may just be wanting into the rock guitar market..There clean sound is second to none...A loud heavily distorted fender,that might sell...I bet it will be nothing more than a 5150 though...
      I cant deny EVH can play and has been an influence on tons of guitar players,but his style of playing is history..Nu metal is selling ..Plus those Ebay guitars are around 6 grand and thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much for a guitar like that...Custom shop guitars arent that high...

Comment

Not sure if anyone else has heard this rumor or not but I heard the EVH is really pretty sick (and not due to alcohol). I heard that the cancer he had thought went into remission is back and he is keeping quiet about it. Anyway, just something I heard. Maybe someone else has heard this and set the record straight. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

speaking from massive experience, addicts and alcoholics
          are all about being completely out of control.
          he controls the band cuz he writes all the tunes for the most part, the music anyway. i find myself lacking in the ability to bag on my biggest hero though. take yesterday for example, i hung with chuck splatter and lucy all day, and when they gave me a lift home we cranked women and children first. it ended too soon, chuck caught me digging the ride 9 times, and eddie made the ride a fukkin' pisser.
          i told them to keep playing the album and head north to toronto. eddie is human, and a god at the same time.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hes a nobody..hasnt had a hit in decades..Old school shredding is out.

[/ QUOTE ]

MmmnnKay. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]... A little synical are we? Ever heard of "retro", or "everything old is new again". Truth is, it doesnt mean Jack-Squat if he is "washed up", or if he hasn't had a hit in several years. He's still EVH....A$$hole or not. He's been such a HUGE influence on most guitar players, that we all (well, most of us) can't wait to hear what he's planning next. KISS had their return to the limelight...It came & went. Now it's time for VH. My hope is that he cleans up his act, and gets healthy. Or, at least records a few of the 1000 songs he has on tape before he kills himself.

As far as him being a "nobody"...Well sir...I don't recall seeing your signature on any headstocks....Or Cd's...Or T-shirts. Truth is my friend....Eee-Yewww are the nobody. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] (have a nice day) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Nice one Doug!! This morning I was flipping through the monthly magazine I get from NAMM. In it they list any new members that have joined NAMM recently. I couldn't help but notice that there's a company who joined called "5150 Enterprises" and they're located in southern CA. I haven't done any research on who they are yet, could be nothing, could be something.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

they make stands:

http://www.5150enterprises.com/cart/

Comment

Zing! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's a surprise, a musician with a drinking problem. I guess people shouldn't buy his records [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Why would anyone care if the guy is a drunk, fat, liar, thief, etc.? He's a musician, not running for president.

I'm not a huge EVH fan but his stature / influence is on par with Hendrix. Most anyone that was into rock music in the late 70's knows what kind of impact he had on the guitar scene. He's also responsible for more high quality music than almost any other guitarist.

Let him make a few bucks off the EVH series guitars. I won't be buying one but there will be plenty of people thrilled to have one.

Comment

The first time I visited the sight it looked very VH and only slightly Charvel. It is a separate entity that may not be "owned" by fender. Next year it could be the EVH Kramer, then the EVH Peavey

Just a though...
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Thanks for responding to the anti-EVH nonsense, Huntin' Doug, so I don't have to get myself worked up. I agree with everything in your response - except the part where you tell him to have a nice day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Greg, your post on the contract with peavey...

its been stated on Wolfgangguitars.com (not having anythig to do directly with eddie), the owner says that the contract officially ends in october of this year, since eddie resigned awhile ago.

he also makes a pun on who will be on the headstock of that non-logoed 5150 guitar, pending october.

Comment

This is getting very interesting.

Comment

i'm with you dinkyjackson!

Comment

Aside from the EVH 'Art' series of guitars for a second:
                                I've heard on good authority that there will be a limited series of Charvel replicas of the main 3 EVH striped guitars (100 of each), followed by a standard un-limited production EVH signature series in each of the 3 colour patterns but with random stripes as applied by the factory.
                                For what it's worth, I believe my source but who knows what will change....whatever, it's all good for the Charvel name.
                                This is more pointless conjecture, but it's interesting that Eddie never liked Grover and now FMIC now seem to be setting Charvel away from Jackson......
                                Cheers
                                Ian
                                Popular is not the same as good
                                Rare is not the same as valuable
                                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                                X