1990 Jackson Custom Shop ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Jackson Custom Shop ???

I'm looking at a 1990 Jackson custom shop serial #7453.Is this a dinky? Bolt on neck, beautiful amber flamed maple arched top. Has a floyd but the really wierd thing is that it does not have a locking nut! In excellent condition,no scratches,chips,ect.. lil belt rash on rear cavity cover. Can I have some feedback from a few of you Jackson experts on what this thing is worth? Thanks!

Here's a pic:

Re: 1990 Jackson Custom Shop ???

This link will be of great help in determining your guitar's value.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne:
      This link will be of great help in determining your guitar's value.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Do a search on it and the person you're buying it from.
        When they got it, it was discussed in length here.

The guy isn't selling it, he wants to buy it from another forum member and is asking what it's worth.

Comment

Dude, I don't care what the seller tells you. There is no way that floyd will stay in tune with that nut, and locking tuners will not be enough.

rich

Comment

Nice intro [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Again with the "what is it worth?" in the very first post! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sooo, Junior members can not only not post a classified (I understand), but they're not allowed to ask questions about a guitar they might be interested in? Sheeesh, you guys are tough. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I mean, I do understand in a way, but just to jump the guy like that. I've actualy registered in forums for the very same reason, (info on a product that is near and dear to that forum) but never got responded to that way. Not trying to stir it up, but it just doesn't sound like he's selling to me. Maybe he is though, in which case........ lynch him boys [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

Edit**** Nice axe BTW. Very [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Hotrod, just pokin' a little fun. Surely, however, you HAVE to have noticed the literal FLOOD of newbies that have joined lately, don't LURK, don't INTROduce, just BURST right in and want, nay, demand an appraisal of a guitar - in their very first post! Just a bit gauche, IMO. Remember I used to reply sarcastically "See you in the Classifieds" ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yep and this one was originally in the classifieds until it was magically transported here.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Hey Hotrod, just pokin' a little fun. Surely, however, you HAVE to have noticed the literal FLOOD of newbies that have joined lately, don't LURK, don't INTROduce, just BURST right in and want, nay, demand an appraisal of a guitar - in their very first post! Just a bit gauche, IMO. Remember I used to reply sarcastically "See you in the Classifieds" ?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I hear ya, Ron. I do understand what you mean and have noticed the flood. It's just hard to tell sometimes. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    I like the "See you in the Classifieds" response, though. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

And I know some of you guys are "frugal" but you should see the lowball offer he gave me... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
                        Dude, I don't care what the seller tells you. There is no way that floyd will stay in tune with that nut, and locking tuners will not be enough.

rich
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You must wail a lot harder than I do cause no complaints here.

Still, the message has been received loud and clear that I won't sell it to anybody here without slapping on a Floyd nut. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeff, is that a Nylon/Delrin nut on there?

Dave->
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by jeff300:
                            And I know some of you guys are "frugal" but you should see the lowball offer he gave me... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Some of us remember the 1st thread and know what you paid for it.
                            I'm sure any lowball offer still makes you $. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                              Jeff, is that a Nylon/Delrin nut on there?

Dave->
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I beleive it is a Wilkerson graphite. Hence, the no slippage.

Comment

Working...
                              X