finished "project" model 6 matrix style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished "project" model 6 matrix style

finally, after 9 months of waiting and working on it it is finally finished: my completely modified to the bone model 6. the mods:

1. JT6 out -> schaller floyd in
    2. stringlock off -> schaller top nut installed
    3. beaten to hell finish off -> new coat with airbrush on
    4. old PU's out -> new PU's installed (all passive)
    5. 3 toggles gone -> 5 way switch and 1 "add bridge PU" switch

the PU's are a DiMarzio Steve's Special, SD li'l 59 (middle) and a li'l screamin demon (neck). Love the last one in particular! smooth on normal gain settings, defined on high gain settigns and warm clean: perfect with the right amount of output!!

the finish, airbrush, switch and toplockreplacement were done by Fred Dons (another Dutch JCF Member).

but somehow I am not able to post all the f&*)g pictures, and with other boards it works fine [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] , every time I get the warning the board does not support "Parenthesis in HTML tag tag... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

anyway, this is it [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Harrald

[ March 08, 2004, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: guitar geek ]

Re: finished "project" model 6 matrix style

That looks pretty badass. It seems like the wait was worth it. Question, though, what do you mean by "add bridge PU" switch? Is that so you can combine the bridge PU with neck or neck/mid? That sounds most logical to me.

Comment

Re: finished "project" model 6 matrix style

Originally posted by Travis:
      That looks pretty badass. It seems like the wait was worth it. Question, though, what do you mean by "add bridge PU" switch? Is that so you can combine the bridge PU with neck or neck/mid? That sounds most logical to me.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that is what I wanted to say in a little more words [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Re: finished &quot;project&quot; model 6 matrix style

Thats bad dude! I love the Matrix code.

Comment

Looks really good! You should be proud [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

wow man, thats beautiful

Comment

that's a wicked good paintjob!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                that's a wicked good paintjob!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, wicked cool for sure!
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Way Cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    Nice!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Though, I don't understand why you put in a five-way switch and then an "always on" bridge pup switch. With the original three on/off switches that were there before, you already had the option of any pickup combo. I'm actually having a Jackson body refinned that had a five-way, the three on/offs will be installed. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I only use the bridge or neck PU and want to be able to switch quick from bridge to neck. the 3 switches made that pretty awkward, at least I didn't like it. I think I will use the switch not to add the bridge, but to split the bridge PU.
                    it's just a matter of taste [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Originally posted by joe web:
                      great job, very nice guitar.

should i take now the red or the blue pill? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I start playing, I suggest you to take the blue one and go to sleep again [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by joe web:
                        great job, very nice guitar.

should i take now the red or the blue pill? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I start playing, I suggest you to take the blue one and go to sleep again [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Harrald
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i will not belive what you say. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

that can´t be true! this jackson must nearly play by it self. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

maybe i can cheat the laws of physics and play 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x faster with that guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

i wish [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

nice guitar, the paintjob is awesome

Comment

Congratulations! It came out great. you can be proud of yourself. Now, rest and have a beer. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

wow, that came out great!

very strange about the pics. Well, since you can't post the pics, can you share the links with us so we can still see them? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X