Charvel ? / Fenders Influence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel ? / Fenders Influence?

Many people say Jackson guitars are well suited for metal. What about Charvel? How do they stack up compared to the Jackson line and even other maunfactures? Also when exactly did Fender buy Jackson/Charvel? Does Jackson still maintain its own identity free from Fenders influence? Do they still use Jackson's manufacturing facility or Fenders now? (sorry, i've been out of the loop for a while)

Re: Charvel ? / Fenders Influence?

well is suppose its like fiat and ferrari there still made
    the same they just don't take all the profit [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Many people say Jackson guitars are well suited for metal. What about Charvel?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. then again, so are les pauls. point being, it depends more on the player, less on the guitar.

[ QUOTE ]
      How do they stack up compared to the Jackson line and even other maunfactures?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on who you ask; i've played plenty of jacksons and charvels, and they're my favorite for a reason.

[ QUOTE ]
      Also when exactly did Fender buy Jackson/Charvel?

[/ QUOTE ]

4th quarter of 2002.

[ QUOTE ]
      Does Jackson still maintain its own identity free from Fenders influence?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. it also depends on who you ask; as there are people who are probably still a little upset that their father's guitar company now owns theirs.

[ QUOTE ]
      Do they still use Jackson's manufacturing facility or Fenders now?

[/ QUOTE ]

the ontario custom shop closed, and has been integrated into the fender corona factory. there are dedicated c/j work areas intermingled with fender's.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i did'nt know that

Comment

i don't know about just metal, i don't play metal, (although i listen to some of the older stuff) i like jackson because it is one of the most all around guitars you can buy. i agree when you see jacksons you think metal, but there is so much more you can get from them.

Comment

It used to be Fender's were only looked at as being Surf, country and western guitars. Guys like Hendrix and Clapton changed that view. We need someone to do the same with Jackson. Get some Jazz players to play them.

Comment

I always thought it was physically impossible to play jazz, country, blues, fusion, or any other style on a Jackson. I was trying to play some Wes Montgomery on one of the Fusions the other night, and it was definitely the guitars fault that I couldn't hang.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Charvels are pretty good all around guitars.

Comment

Writing a book? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

er, what I meant was that they are very versitle.

Wow, that was a dumb statement [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X