No announcement yet.

I just bought this REALLY CHEAP!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just bought this REALLY CHEAP!!!!!!!

Maybe we should take a poll on it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hyperfuzz
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] BTW, let us know how the Charvette sounds. I was always curious about those.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It says the preamp is broken, that sucks.

But it is a charvette, it may have been peanuts to begin with.

Comment

I had one of those when they were new. The guitar itself played okay, but the acoustic plugged in tone sucked. I remember having to go to silk and steel strings on it as regular bronze wound strings squeaked from finger slide and it was really amplified. I think with a good quality pre-amp and pickup they can be a cool little guitar. I believe I paid $225 for mine brand new after tax with a gig bag. I sold it in one of the stores I worked at for $125 6 or so years ago. I am not sure what they are worth today.
            When you get it, inspect the preamp. The pickup is not wired to it but rather plugs in with a headphone style plug. That wire gets in the way when you install the battery. There is a good chance the pickup needs to be plugged back in.

Comment

Sweet, let us know how it sounds.

Comment

Working...
              X