Stolen Vinnie Vincent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Vinnie Vincent?

I had found a VVV that I tried to backdoor on Ebay (it was a 1 day auction that ended last week with no pictures). The guy (who has 24 positive feedbacks) ended the bidding for me after he told me he'd sell it to me on the cheap, and I sent him a money order for $300.00 shipped!! (man, did I score or what??) Then, I got an email from him saying that someone offered him close to $1500.00 on the spot after he received my $300.00 and said he'd refund my money. I told him I'd send him another $1275 if he promised to ship to me. He accepted! But....

When I pressed him on the serial #, he said "IT LOOKS LIKE IT MAY HAVE BEEN SCRATCHED OFF OR SOMETHING SO I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS STOLEN OR WHAT?" as he put it [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] He said he bought it about 4 years ago from a pawn shop in his neck-of-the-woods in Kansas. Then, I thought it's not worth the $1500.00 he was prepared to take because the guitar's basically worthless in an open market and I can't take possession. I think I did the right thing...

If anyone is missing an original pink VVV from the late 1980's with a pink headstock, one EMG-81 with an original Floyd and black hardware, I might have found your guitar, but first I'm getting my money back.

Besides, I already have one (a legit one) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Stolen Vinnie Vincent?

Yep - stolen. Stay away.

Brett

Comment

Working...
    X