Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite pick-up configuration???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite pick-up configuration???

Hello guys, what is your favorite pick-up configuration [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]??? My personal favorite pick-up configuration is the H/S/H, because it's the most versatile IMO [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. If you decide to vote, please tell WHY the choice you picked is your favorite configuration [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Also, why did Jackson's stop making H/S/H guitars??? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    S/S/S
    0%
    H
    0%
    H/S
    0%
    H/S/S
    0%
    H/H
    0%
    H/S/H
    0%

Re: What\'s your favorite pick-up configuration???

I agree - H-S-H and H-H-H are the most versatile. Some middle singles get in the way if the poles are too tall or the pickups are positioned poorly.

As for why Jackson stopped doing H-S-H, I don't know. They probably based it on the sales of a stripped-down import with h-s-h vs optioned-out USAs, and arrived at the conclusion that no one wants a USA neckthrough with h-s-h [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Screw versatility. H and H/S are my personal fav's.

Comment

On a personal aside, something really irks me about having a middle pickup. It is just displeasing.

Comment

H/H. Everything I need there. Never got much use for the single coil in the middle.

Comment

Anything with a humbucker in the bridge. Variety is good.

Comment

H/S because it is the beautifullest [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I chose H/S/S because I like a humbucker in the bridge to give a nice fat, heavy sound and I like hot single coils in the neck and middle to do fast solos and to play clean.

Rudy D.

Comment

I love HH, in fact I've got one guitar that is HSH and the S is not even connected anymore. Other than HH though my favorite guitar is my carvin with a single bridge H.

I know that even though Steve Morse's guitar plays like a dream if I get it I would never take full advantage of it tonally.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

H/S ....because I love the tone of a single coil out of phase with a bridge humbucker in clean mode.

Comment

I dislike single coil type pup's in the neck position. My fave single coil sound is an in phase single coil in the middle--so HSH for me.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I like the H/H config., in my LP, the bridge humbucker gives me a nice chunky, meaty sound, the neck humbucker is great for thick solos and leads

Comment

H/S because the middle pick up gets in the way. I really like the sound of the single coils in the neck position. It's so warm and milky. Plus, I never use the middle pickup anyways.
                          1990 Jackson Professional
                          1992 Dean ML
                          2004 Epiphone Flying V
                          2005 Epiphone Dot
                          2009 Fender Stratocaster
                          2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                          2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                          2006 Fender P Bass
                          2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                          1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                          1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                          Custom Pedalboard
                          ADA MP1
                          ADA FX2
                          Tascam 2488

Comment

I voted H/H although I would be perfectly happy with H/S as well. The middle single coil tends to get in the way and I just don't use it that much anyway. Nothing sounds better for leads than a nice smooth humbucker in the neck. With H/H or H/S I can use humbuckers in the neck and split them to get single coil sounds.

Comment

I voted H/H, because that is what 90% of all of my guitars have been. And you can get a single coil sound out of the neck pickup if you split the neck humbucker. I also have liked H & H/S configurations as well, but I could only vote for one.
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                              X