Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite pick-up configuration???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s your favorite pick-up configuration???

HSS is my fav, but also love my HH and SSS guitars which are close second. The H only in the bridge does look cool, but I just couldn't deal without a neck pickup, specially if I'm forking out quite alot of cash for the guitar. HSS is first because I just love the single coil sound when playing with low gain or clean - I just get that wonderful chiming tone for the neck S, neck-mid S, and bridge-mid positions. I'll add that I prefer the HSS with three toggles, because I have found that I get a great Jimmy Page sound when called to play Zep by combining the H in the bridge with the in phase S at the neck.

Comment

My Vote goes to the Single Humbucker configuration (followed by HSS for those very rare clean moments!!) basically because thats all I use 99% of the time and it looks the best, no clutter!!

Comment

bumptastic

Comment

1 Hum, 1 VOL...string-thru....keep it simple and let your fingers do the talking.
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

I'm really into strat lately and I dig the s/s/s.. h/s is cool too.. one hum guitars can be awesome too.. h/h guitars work also good.. I like em al [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I vote for H/S.

Comment

H-H or H-S-H for me :-)

Comment

HH for me as well. I need a humbucker in the bridge for the tight leadsound a humbucker usually produces. The HB in the neck gives a warmer and rounder clean sound IMO than a SC (what I like as well) and gives also a nicer leadsound.

A SC in the middle looks like **** to me and I really dont need it since I usually play rock and metal and a HH does the trick

Harrald

Comment

H-H for me even thought my only two guitars are HSS. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

i too also like the H-H with coil taps, something about that middle pickup just throws me off when playing.

Comment

Working...
                      X