Boogie Body necks....cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boogie Body necks....cost?

Ok, I just stumbled into an opportunity to get a couple necks from Lynn Ellsworth thru a reputable dealer locally. One of the guys that works at the shop that I've known since the early 80's is acquiring 6 replacements for his strathead Charvel..this is stock that goes back to mid 70's.. so it's from 'that era' -early Charvel. This is unsold stock Lynn Ellsworth has had supposedly stashed in storage for 25+ years and since this guy is trying to get some of these necks he's asked me if I wanted a couple for myself.

How much would you pay for such a neck? The guy is supposedly getting each neck from Ellsworth for 200.00 cost and adding a 50.00 markup thru the storefront. You rarely see Boogie Body necks for sale anymore, so I had him put me down for two as the cost seems about par for an aftermarket neck of this type. I'm just wondering how much some of you would plug into a deal like this per neck?

Re: Boogie Body necks....cost?

alot, i'll take one if there are any extras.

Comment

The deal sounds like it could be 50/50 either way as to whether it will go thru or not. Obviously if these necks have been sitting about for that many years it is probably the low on the list of prioirties for Lynn Ellsworth to sell a handful. However, this store does carry Lynn Ellsworths speedster amp and are probably seeking to distribute.. so chances are fair that this may go thru. I guess I'll know more in days or weeks to come.

Comment

Good Lord if these are the real deal I'll take one too! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
        X