Check this out...let me know what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out...let me know what you think

I was screwing around with a Charvel model body I picked up a while back while watching Scrubs the other night, and this is what came out of it. The body had been painted a beautiful midnite blue metallic by the guy I bought it off. I took some 1/8th inch white pinstriping and copied this guitar as best I could. http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...hristopher.jpg

The end result was this...

I've never messed with pinstriping before but it was pretty easy. My plan for this body is to put a USA Jackson maple/maple neck on it, put an OFR in that I picked up, and install a double creme and a JB in there. Might end up being a pretty cool looking axe. Let me know what you all think of the pin-job.
    Tom

Re: Check this out...let me know what you think

great!

Comment

I think it looks great Tom! Even the tips of the flames look smooth which is usually tricky to do as a beginner. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Now that it's striped go ahead and scuff it up and shoot a couple of coats bro!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave, Oh man, I don't know about trying to spray it. I'd definitely screw that up! I may add a thinner stripe in red or chrome. I also may just leave it as is. I kind of like the plain outline of the flames. Thanks for the compliments.
        Tom

Comment

Looks nice man,, now you can do up my car [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
            Dave, Oh man, I don't know about trying to spray it. I'd definitely screw that up! I may add a thinner stripe in red or chrome. I also may just leave it as is. I kind of like the plain outline of the flames. Thanks for the compliments.
            Tom
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Naaaa, I was just teasing my friend, leave it as is, it looks cool without doing much permanent damage. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

smokin great job on the flames

Comment

That looks sweet bro. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Was the flames tough to do and what type of pinstriping did you use?

Comment

i don't think painting it would be that hard at all, actually. all you would have to do is cover up what you don't want to paint. then, spray away! nicely done, anyway. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

kevin
                  the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Tom, this is just a quickie 5 minute photoshop but I think you're on to something there! All I did was fill in the white around the outside of the flames and I think it looks killer! You could actually do this with spray cans and you'd have to use a 1/16" tape and move it inward a little but hey, it could be done easily! Hope you didn't mind me fucking with your pic but you just gave me an inspiration. The large open white space at the lower bout would fill up nicely with the pots and switch. Sorry about the bridge pup and trem route but they weren't very clear in your pic so I just kinda faked it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Give it some thought bro.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Oh and BTW, is that a model 3A? Tekky calls that a 3AM!
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

i wonder what that would look like w/ the colors reversed? [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] could you do that, mm2002? by the way, not to be picky, but you missed a spot between the bridge pickup and the trem cavity/hole. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

kevin
                        the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Go ahead! Spray it! If you fuck up, you could always do it again! Practice makes perfect.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Doo Itt! No pressure bro. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That ROCKS man!! I would leave it, however it does look kick ass with the white paint as well!

Great job, no wyou need to start doing it for all us knuckleheads!

ROck on!

Mike

Comment

Sweetness! Mask it, paint it, it's easy. Go lightly, I'm using a gravity feed can and I love it. You can get a good one for under 100$ nowdaze. Practice on your neighbors car first to make sure you've got it down and then just go for it!

I've gotta gtr in the shop I'm doing in snakeskin flames. Sounds wierd looks wierd...it goes with the owner...me. I'll post some pics if I ever get it done! So much to do, so little tequila... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X