Case problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case problems!

Yesterday I bought a Charvel model 1 guitar and a universal case to go with it. Anyway, I noticed that the case might be putting pressure on the heasdstock and tuners.
    The headstock is tilted back, but I think the case is for straight headstocks so there is no clearance room for the headstock and it is resting on the base of the case.
    Sorry if that description is unclear, but I was just wondering if this is a problem.
    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Case problems!

Yup.

Comment

Yes definitely. Find a case that raises the neck a bit higher as the last thing you want is pressure on the headstock. Always take the guitar with you when buying a case also.

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Well, there are a number of Charvel and Jackson cases available either new from a dealer, or used off ebay.

You should also go to all your local music stores and ask if they have one in the back... you'd be surprised how many guitars were sold without a case, and how many of these places have cases sitting in back, from consignments or used sales, etc...

Try ebay or your local music store, or even check the classifieds here.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
          and how many of these places have cases sitting in back, from consignments or used sales, etc...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">..and you'd be surprised how scratched up, dinged and damaged they get also! Well, that just means more room for negotiation!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Its hard to find a Jackson Charvel dealer here in Australia, but would an Ibanez case do? I will take the guitar in with me to make sure it fits, but would any universal model work?
            Also on an unrelated matter, do the stands with the yellow rubber things damage the guitar at all because I remember reading about this.
            Cheers! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

just take your guitar with you when you try them out. A lot of regular cases will leave the tip of the headstock resting on the bottom of the case, which you don't want.

but try a few different universal cases and you should find something that works.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

The yellow rubber on some guitar stands CAN attack the finish on some guitars if left in constant contact over a period of months.

Comment

Thanks for the tip chuckracer [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anyway, I called the shop where I got the guitar from (a guitar repair shop) and they said there is a pretty easy mod they can do that will fix this. Something about drilling into the supports? Hopefully this will work properly.
                  [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X