NAMM teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAMM teaser

Very cool. I dig it. I think it would look really classy with some gold pickup covers.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

How f'n cool is that??!!Wow!!Thanx for the eye candy Kev!!Chucksplatter

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I can't believe no one had conceived this body shape prior to this guitar and Sully's idea. That King Kelly cutout on the Rhoads just... fits... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i'm sure plenty of people have... it just finally got done. i think it's cool too, and it looks like they may have added more meat to the body, which i think is cool. it'd be even cooler with no bevels, but with binding. maybe not in that color, (which yes, is gold swirl) but it'd look cool in white with black binding. i'd also move the jack, but it's kinda tough to place; maybe on the edge that faces the floor on the bottom wing.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

white with black binding... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
          sully you´re crazy... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          who the f**kn hell should do this a**holes job to put a binding all around the cutouts [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
          if already sanding, laquering and buffing the cutouts is that hard you want this poor poor luthier to even bind them ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (you´re a luthier yourself, you know what that means...)
          though, would be really cool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ok [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] i can wait
          would be really really cool if someone would take the time to do it [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          andy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            With the approval of the big boys I can give you this teaser for the show today. Hopefully more shots will follow later today ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kevin. I love that! I have a feeling this is going to be a tough year on my credit card [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

God, thats also *really* **** cool. such a b-e-a-U-tifulgutar!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                white with black binding... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                sully you´re crazy... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                who the f**kn hell should do this a**holes job to put a binding all around the cutouts [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                if already sanding, laquering and buffing the cutouts is that hard you want this poor poor luthier to even bind them ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (you´re a luthier yourself, you know what that means...)
                though, would be really cool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ok [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] i can wait
                would be really really cool if someone would take the time to do it [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                andy

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, binding it wouldn't be all that rough; you just couldn't do it in one piece, which is fine, considering that really isn't done anyway.

oh, and thanks for the props, but i'm not a luthier.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow, I love that finish.

Comment

Wait till you see the sparlkly silver [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Fuckin' coooooooooool!

I hate the jack but hey, what do i know?
                      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I'll don my flame suit, but here goes: I think it's gross....the cutouts are kinda cool, but that jack location...bleah...and the sharkies are just wrong...whole thing looks overdone, pimped out. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah, i don't like the jack, either, and i believe they just kinda stuck it somewhere b/c there was no real good place for it.

i love pcs sharks over full size ones, tho. looks cleaner to me.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I'll don my flame suit, but here goes: I think it's gross....the cutouts are kinda cool, but that jack location...bleah...and the sharkies are just wrong...whole thing looks overdone, pimped out. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemme guess... you love the poo-colored swirl though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I have no opinion on that. The cutouts, hardware color, and jack pretty much overwhelm anything else. Generally I like swirls.

Let's just see a regular 24f Rhoads....that should be exciting enough methinks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] it's a lot more gold looking in larger pictures.

sully
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X