• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAMM teaser

Nice looking guitar!!!!

Comment

That kicks ass!! Put the jack on the bottom of the lower horn, towards the floor, move the volume and toggle switch down a tiny bit, maybe add a tone control and put the toggel switch in between... or put the toggle switch on the side of the body up by the neck joint like they are on the PCS models. Make it with black hardware and white/black Oreo swirl and it'll be perfect!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nice idea but dont ya think them cutouts would get broken easy?? The butterfly gold is nice but one drop and them cutouts are toast..just MHO..

Comment

I never dinged a Rhoads up its ass and i've had them for years. Those cutouts are in a protected area. The tips on the big wings will take the damage when you accidentically drop it. I see no problem here.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Those cutouts are in a protected area. The tips on the big wings will take the damage when you accidentically drop it. I see no problem here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. Some of us Rhoads players place the "crotch" on our thighs. Uh, that didn't sound right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            If you have thick legs, they'll put pressure on those thin "spars". Dig in too hard, and KA-SNAP! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think the cut out RR had DiMarzios in it.Maybe some one can enlarge the pic.My fave at the show was the 1 hum ferrari red, brass vintage trem Charvel.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                Those cutouts are in a protected area. The tips on the big wings will take the damage when you accidentically drop it. I see no problem here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. Some of us Rhoads players place the "crotch" on our thighs. Uh, that didn't sound right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                If you have thick legs, they'll put pressure on those thin "spars". Dig in too hard, and KA-SNAP! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont play your Rhoads sitting down, do you?!!
                [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Check NEWC thread about the NAMM.
                  He has couple of close up pics of that RRV.
                  The pickups are Dimarzio.I think they are PAF pro or Evolution.

Comment

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but this...THING...
                    ...BLAH!

How hard would it be for them to produce a regular RR Neck-through with 24 frets, when they have been done for the japanese market for years? You'd think that the numerous 24 fret RR custom orders and the Laiho/Latvala thing would give them a clue, but nooo - they keep making vague promises, and when NAMM comes along, they give us a one-off freak thing.

Whatever happened to the prototype RR24 that was mentioned half a year ago? Did someone eat the blueprints and walk off with the guitar? I've been waiting forever for that, but now I'm off to start looking for a used KV.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I've been waiting forever for that, but now I'm off to start looking for a used KV.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what, saw down the lower horn? Hee hee hee [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X