which evh to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which evh to order

Yeah, those sound like chainsaws! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Especially in an ash OR mahagany body...hmmmm, heavy body wood+ceramic magnet+ ultra-high output= MUD!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I will wait to see what other people think when they get their EVH guitars.
      They won't have them until October or November.
      When they say that, it usually pushes it back and will be in early 2005 maybe Jan or Feb.

No need of hurry to have one.
      I would rather buy it second hand for cheaper [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I still think I'm just gonna build a Wayne/Warmoth mutt and save myself about 1500 bucks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I dunno, we'll have to see what they're like when they finally DO hit...

Comment

yellow and white [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Grover made the pre pros of Ash , I have the 1979 NAMM flyer scan. (I will look for it and post)

Eds was most likely ash as well. They need to read the articles again.

In this article, they get off the subject of guitar building and then go back to it. When I first read that article in 1980 I thought the same things those guys did, then I look into it and reread it and studied the pictures and saw the thicker unpainted boogie bodies guitar in the floor. That is the one he is talking about being mahagony.

We are talking about 3 guitars here.

VHI is Charvel Ash body and Boogie Bodies Maple Cap neck no Floyd yet.
            VHII is Charvel Ash body and Charvel Maple cap neck (I think) Floyd Rose added
            Boogie Bodies Mahagony body maple neck Floyd Rose,

http://www.vhlinks.com/pages/intervi...h/gp122979.php

Comment

Hoss, the one I was talking about was the 3rd one.
              Boogie Body Mahogany with Floyd.
              Then I was right about one was made out of Mahogany..

The VHII with Ash body, Is that the same guitar that had very small logo of Charvel(no Made in U.S.A. logo under)?
              I have seen a picture Eddie is holding that guitar in the Van Halen magazine"The inside"

Comment

I love them all, and it would be hard to choose just one. I'd likely go for the B/Y first myself. Just something about it.

Regarding R/B/W being associated with Kramer, I remember first seeing it after he added the red as having the Charvel neck on it, and that is what has since stuck in my mind. Seeing it with the banana Kramer head has always looked strange and disturbing to me.

Lastly regarding basswood, I know Steve Vai's green meanie Charvel was basswood and he eventially retired it because he ripped the Floyd posts out at a performance I believe in New Jersy or NY. Yet he and EVH seem to really like basswood. Hey these guys can choose any wood, so there has to be something about basswood they like.

Comment

That was aa Anderson Banana head neck - not a Kramer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  It was a Charvel Body but I was unsure of the S head - if it was Charvel or not prior to Tom replacing the neck. Did you see a logo? - then again EVH changed necks all the time..

Comment

Comment

The retail of $800..... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                      Those days are gone!

Comment

Hossman, you sir are a storehouse of information. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Yeah, I remember as a kid being devastated the 1st time I saw Frankenstein after the red painting..but it still had a Strathead, so I never really associated it with Kramer...despite the dozens of replicas of it he played during those years.

Comment

Here - I found one cheaper [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X