Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with these Charvel neck plates?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with these Charvel neck plates?!!!

I got a call from Guitar Asylum that my custom Charvel I ordered in December of 2002 had arrived. I show up to find the guitar missing dot inlays and to boot it has a flat inscibed plate with a serial number like the 25th. I am pissed! I would have ordered a GMW and gotten a better guitar for 1/2 the price at $2400.WHat is going on with these neck plates? Are they going to go back to the original 3D? If so can I get a proper plate when they manufacture them? If so I shouldn't have to pay for it.Does anybody have an inside story?

Re: What\'s going on with these Charvel neck plates?!!!

Missing dot inlays... that sucks.
    Can't go wrong that bad...
    Any pics?

Comment

Here we go again! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The plate is one issue that might be hard to change to the way you thought it would be, but if it is missing inlays, I think you have grounds to back out or get a replacement guitar instead. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought you had asked them to send the guitar with the etched plate, and they were going to send a replacement once the 3Ds were available? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Sucks about the inlays, though. Don't necessarily blame Charvel for that, though. Could've been a dealer goof up, maybe?

Comment

No inlays and a flat plate, ya, I'd be really pissed too for the chunk you put down. Take comfort it may only take another year to get it right.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] I hope they will make it right, or at least give you a serious break. EJ

Comment

Yeah this is something else. First they told me thay would send the guitar with a substitute neck plate...then they call to tell me it has the correct plate. I really want to speak to a Charvel Jackson manager there....I am tired of Guitar Asylum's BS lines.I was good for 3 high end guitars a year there easily....now I will never step foot there again.WHo could I speak to at the Charvel shop abou these issues?

Comment

Yeah this is something else. First they told me thay would send the guitar with a substitute neck plate...then they call to tell me it has the correct plate. I really want to speak to a Charvel Jackson manager there....I am tired of Guitar Asylum's BS lines.I was good for 3 high end guitars a year there easily....now I will never step foot there again.WHo could I speak to at the Charvel shop abou these issues?

Comment

Didn't you fill out the order spec sheet when you ordered the guitar?
                    Don't have you a copy for yourself?

I can't say anything about the plate issue but missing dot inlays, it can only be missing if it was not specified on the order sheet.

Comment

I never got an order sheet. I went to GA and even gave them a photo of the guitar as it was in 1985!! Can't get any better than that to go by.

Comment

Spidey, you have a PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X