What Happened To The Crosby Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened To The Crosby Thread?

When I made my initial inquiry, it consisted of three questions.
    1) How many guitars are available? Answer: One
    2) Are all members eligible? No Answer
    3) What is the criteria for picking the recipient? No Answer

When I read the original thread, it seemed to me that the JCF Staff was asking if anyone had interest in acquiring this axe. Is it still available? Has a lucky person been chosen? What's the scoop?
    "POOP"

Re: What Happened To The Crosby Thread?

yeah, the slot was filled.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, again.
      "POOP"

Comment

I'm just glad thats cleared up..
        Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Is this type of promotion done very often and if so, what can I do as a member to improve my chances of acquiring future guitars? Thanks in advance.
          "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Is this type of promotion done very often and if so, what can I do as a member to improve my chances of acquiring future guitars? Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Well to be honest it's not a promotion. The JCF-YCE was concieved by a former admin by the name of Rob Witte http://www.jacksonmuseum.com The idea was to do a guitar each year of historical value and the 1st yr there were 25 buyers who got serial #'s IE: JCF-01-XX and the idea was that these guys would do a significant guitar each year with the same serials successive to the year. IE: JCF-02-XX.

Every year the buyers have the option of opting out of the series for 1 year only which opens up temporary slots and in some instances people dropping out open up permanent slots. When this happens there is usually an open call of interest

How to get in? When you see the inquiry of interest you just need post your interest. The criteria used to determine who gets in is simple. People who contribute positively to the board, Don't cause trouble etc are generally given preference. Because of the nature of the series and the fact that there is 30 current buyers it's looked at strictly (not to be elitist) but any decision affects all the other 29 buyers. Other Critera includes being able to put down a decent sized deposit and being financially secure enough to pay the guitar off every year. Not being allowed to discuss the price as well as requirements of holding onto the guitar for 5 years before being able to sell. Should an emergency require you to sell it needs to be offered to the forum and the price you paid for it.

The rules are on place simply because if 1 person screws up the series it hurts all the other buyers. Therefore we look for honest trustworthy people to insure the longevity of the series..

Hope this helps ..
            Kev</font>
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yea Mark,
              It wasnt really a promotion at all.I didnt even see the post intially Myself,one of the Dozen People I've been bugging for over a year about a Big Red called Me to let Me know about it knowing that I wouldnt have to sell off a bunch of unoriginal crap or something to pay for one. I guess I missed out on this one but it sure would be nice to be considered in the future...
              Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Working...
              X