"Newbies" and the classifieds?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Newbies" and the classifieds?????

Question about the classifieds and being a "newbie" or "junior member": Can I post there as a junior member if it is in response to buying something without getting nailed?? I know you can't get on there and sell but what about replying to posts for posting that you are looking to buy something???
    Steve
    Just trying to keep my ass from being banned, I love this place!!!!

Re: "Newbies" and the classifieds?????

No worries - re-examine your current member status. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I guess I should pay more attention.
      I thought you had to have 100 post for the junior status to be removed???
      I'm nowhere near that yet

Comment

I assume that the warning at the top of the Classifieds goes for ALL Junior Members. Here:

Please be aware that if you are a "Junior" member you are not allowed to post in this forum or your posts will be deleted and you could possibly forfeit your rights to your JCF registration

Seems like a restriction for ALL Junior Members.

Comment

I understood the warning however I felt there was a grey area about wether or not it meant that they were not allowed to post period or just not allowed to start a new topic and sell.

Comment

hmmm you can always PM the seller I suppose.

Comment

you are not allowed to start posts.. WTB or WTS .. you wouldn't get busted for replying to someone else selling something ... have fun
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Appreciate it! I am looking for a chrome OFR and wanted to start a post searching for one but wasn't looking to get banned. This place is a wealth of information and I would hate to lose the privilege of being part of this awesome forum!

Comment

I've wondered this very same thing. Also, when I first heard about this new rule I thought it was pretty misguided but the more I think about the possible scammers that would just love to rip someone off the more I agree with the policy.

It would be nice to have a "good-guy/bad-guy" forum as well....IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by sdavis80:
                    I am looking for a chrome OFR and wanted to start a post searching for one
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, now you can!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: &quot;Newbies&quot; and the classifieds?????

Originally posted by Thrust:
                      It would be nice to have a "good-guy/bad-guy" forum as well....IMHO.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...ubb=forum;f=19

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What's the story on posting? I would like to get into the action being I have over 25 years of experience, that I would like to pass on to newer players. What are the rules of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdaverocks:
                          What's the story on posting? I would like to get into the action being I have over 25 years of experience, that I would like to pass on to newer players. What are the rules of the road.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by mrdaverocks:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Post all you want and pass on all the info you have but just don't start a WTB/WTS post in the classifieds till you have been ridden of the "junior member status" or you wealth of knowledge will probably be staying with you!

Comment

BTW this is good too for the rules:
                              http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=1;t=000889
                              Just make sure if there is anything from the admins on the forum you are thinking of posting in READ IT!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X