• Show
Clear All

Re: "Newbies" and the classifieds?????

I'd listen to him, he's clergy.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Re: "Newbies" and the classifieds?????

Originally posted by quadperson:
      Alright, I'm a little confused here...I've been a member for over a year and I have always enjoyed browsing this forum for the wealth of knowledge that is here. I have been able to answer a lot of my own questions by just reading. Everyone always seems to be pretty friendly. In the last two days I have been jumped by Black Mariah for posting an opinion, TEKKY insinuates that I am very eager to post in the
      classfieds for some reason, and Pulverizer wastes his own time by saying that he is sick of my repetitive questions...who have I pissed off??? All of a sudden I feel like an outsider.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not just how long since you joined, it's a matter of how much you've participated, which is how we get to know each other here. 38 posts in over a year
      is really more of a lurker than a participating member. If you participated more, you'd realize that all the members' comments you mentioned are consistent with their personas here, just as I always have a comment or 10 too! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How are we to know who to trust to buy from in the classifieds, if not by our posts? Those are the clues to personality and character that help you decide to send off your $ to someone you never met, in a scenario where, unlike Ebay, you're SOL if it goes bad. I've bought several items from members here, and they were all guys I got to "know" by conversations on threads here.

Contrast that with the fact that most ripoffs have occured dealing with sellers who were newbies, that popped in, "sold"
      something, and skated, and you see why some kind of guideline has to be established. It's not personal towards you, it's just that SOME criteria had to be set, and 50 posts is a small quota. In
      a year if you'd made one post per WEEK you'd fill the quota. If you say, "I don't like to post much", fine, that's your right. It's the admins' right as admins, and Jeremy as owner, to set such rules like this as they see fit. It's the right of the regular members who all know each other to prefer dealing with those they know better, through personal deals or through references from other members who did deals with them before.

If you don't want to feel like an outsider, then speak up more! Don't think your opinion is redundant just because someone else said something similar. You might THINK you're saying what someone else said, but your POV may be just different enough to shed a new light on the subject. Or, maybe not.
      Just enjoy a little chatter.

If you don't think the rest of us are worth getting to know, or of letting us get to know you, then just take your shit to Ebay like everybody else. Or humor us and post 50 times, and you can post ads.
      Then we'll decide if we know you enough to trust you, based on that bare minimum.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: &quot;Newbies&quot; and the classifieds?????

Holy shit!

I've posted 144 posts in like what? Less than a month? Sigh... I blame it on my still not here kelly and DT [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ok... no more shit from me... I think I'll cut JCF access for me to once a day... Finals are coming up...

Oh btw... Rich, you come up with such an impressive amount of thoughts and comments... A lot of them very interesting and offers a perspective for me that I haven't thought of before. Man.. you... you... damn artsies... shuddap... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by quadperson:
          In the last two days I have been jumped by Black Mariah for posting an opinion, TEKKY insinuates that I am very eager to post in the
          classfieds for some reason, and Pulverizer wastes his own time by saying that he is sick of my repetitive questions...who have I pissed off??? All of a sudden I feel like an outsider.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you participated more, you'd realize that all the members' comments you mentioned are consistent with their personas here, just as I always have a comment or 10 too! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, quaddie, I feel really left out of your list!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

lerxstcat, thanks for explaining it to me. Makes sense. I don't really have anything to get rid of though, I'm trying to build my arsenal back up since my divorce 6 yrs ago. I have a couple I wouldn't mind trading, but I'm in no hurry. And yeah, I guess I do just lurk, I tend to learn by reading, not commenting. AANNNDDDD....I'm starting to learn the personalities here and you are all a bunch of smartasses...so I oughta fit in just fine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I think I need to post here more. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X