Summer NAMM Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer NAMM Wish List

It's never too early to start one... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

For the USAs:

- Please finally allow custom shop strathead orders. ...Pretty please? Alternatively, do a multi-PU Floyd'd strathead limited edition with some different finish options.

- A limited run of mahogany RR, KE, and KV models. Like the SL2H-MAH, but preferably with bound bodies and no bevels. A string through version w/locking tuners would be cool, too.

- Another limited edition Soloist made to the old San Dimas specs. Angled neck, non-recesseed Floyd, SD neck profile, etc. Call it the "Soloist Classic" or something to that effect.

- A reverse head, Floyd'd, maple board Dinky model.

- Change the PU offerings for one or two models. There's a lot of other great options instead of the old SD JB/Jazz and EMG 81/85 combos.

For the imports:

- Ditch the current licensed Floyd and replace it with something of better quality. I believe Fender already has one in their parts catalog. Better quality inlays, too.

In general:

- Do a new catalog to finally advertise the Charvel line and other new models. And update the web site for the new model offerings the same day NAMM starts. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Summer NAMM Wish List

"- Another limited edition Soloist made to the old San Dimas specs. Angled neck, non-recesseed Floyd, SD neck profile, etc. Call it the "Soloist Classic" or something to that effect."

It's been done.
    They called it a Shannon Soloist. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That's why I said "another". [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'm suggesting they bring something similar back again.

Comment

Here are a some realistic suggestions that would:

1. make customers like me poor but very happy; and more importantly,
        2. allow Jackson to make more money from already existing designs (these would be easy items for Jackson to offer)

SL1H - exactly like an SL2H, but without the neck pickup, tone control or pickup selector switch. To add back a bit of content, make that one remaining pickup an EMG and sell the SL1H for the same price as the SL2H.

USA Archtop Soloist - mahogany body, flame maple cap, ebony fretboard. Just reissue the early 90s Archtop Soloist Pro, except in a Made in USA version.

SLATQHFR - A SLATQH with a Floyd Rose (and yeah, I know that abbreviation is gettin' kinda long) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Other suggestions:

Offer Jackson tweed cases as a no-added-cost alternative to the plastic ones for USA guitars. Offer black hardware as a no-added-cost alternative to chrome on the Trans finish USA guitars.

Unveil a new web site with:

1. actual pictures of guitars showing EVERY current finish;
        2. vastly increased Archives section (hard drive space is dirt cheap, and this will increase traffic and help the legend grow); and
        3. a new Custom Shop online quote form with "?" icons like many computer mfr sites have (see Dell's site, e.g.) to offer details about every option, so people know exactly what they're ordering. ALSO, when the customer finishes generating the quote, the computer should display a picture showing what the quoted guitar would look like (like car mfr sites do), and make the whole end product a PDF, so the user can download it and present it to his/her dealer to order it.

Oh yeah, and I agree with the above poster who said to make NAMM pics available the first day of the show and throughout its duration (this will take 1 energetic guy walking around with a digital camera and FTP access to your web site, and there are about a million guys who would do it for a Jackson sweatshirt and free admission to the show - I'll take a black XL if you want me to do it). [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Also, have the new Jackson and Charvel catalogs printed and ready to hand out at the show, as suggested above.

THANKS FOR LISTENING, JACKSON!

Comment

If I can snag a power outlet and a quiet corner and a phone line, I'll try to upload pics to my website directly from NAMM [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If not, you'll have to wait till the end of each day for uploads [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'll have a cam on hand also...but unless someone has a good conection, they too will have to wait until I return home to upload them.

Oh...and my simple wishlist request...
            String-thru USA Warriors as a limited run.
            Hell...maybe even run the Deathwarrior as a limited run! A new shape for the lineup! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My NAMM wish list:

A 24-fret RR that doesn't have fuggin dots in the fretboard.

-end of list

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                Oh...and my simple wishlist request...
                String-thru USA Warriors as a limited run.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd like guitars with thicker necks and beefier backshapes. And I would've liked to see Bleeding Through endorsed, but it's too late for that, so maybe endorsement of any of the OC metalcore bands would be good.

Comment

limited Run SL1H Mahogany,1 Hum only, no maple cap,mahogany body and neck, natural mahogany, black hardware,just a volume control, no splitter,non recessed Original Floyd,preferably 24.75 scale, if not 25.5 is cool. I want serial #1 please [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually I live about 4 hours away from Nashville, and while it's feasible (on paper) to drive home after the show and upload pics every day (cable at home) I really don't fancy the idea of being awake for 10-12 hours and then driving 200 miles [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe I can score a room in Nashville that has broadband [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

My NAMM wish list.... I just wanna fucking go!!! I need a pass!!! I pmed Doc and Matt. Nothing... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
                          SLATQHFR - A SLATQH with a Floyd Rose (and yeah, I know that abbreviation is gettin' kinda long) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love it. I simply love it. Also an SLSMGFR would be the SLSMG with a trem... perfect import Jackson right there!!!! Ebony board, neckthrough, trem!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                            a quiet corner
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No such thing at NAMM.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Relatively speaking, silly [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] since sound cannot interfere with data transfer rates, quiet in this case means "little to no foot traffic" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X