Rumor: Guitar Center to acquire Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor: Guitar Center to acquire Fender

I am in the pylon and pressing the colored stones on the panel to make the GC acquisition go away. hissssss... "Oh Mighty Isis."

SHAZAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Cybersavior:
      hissssss... "Oh Mighty Isis."

SHAZAM!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The memories are flooding back...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Remember when we all laughed at the thought of Fender buying Jackson? I know it seems unlikely, but I guess what I'm saying is that its quite possible and ya never know.

Comment

Shhh, Lev! Quit hijacking our hijack! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

If there is a god, then the reverse is the actual story...
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
              Remember when we all laughed at the thought of Fender buying Jackson? I know it seems unlikely, but I guess what I'm saying is that its quite possible and ya never know.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True, but Fliegler never posted anything about the rumors of the Jackson buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                Shhh, Lev! Quit hijacking our hijack! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">With Jim's reply I officially declare that I hijacked your hijacking [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We could always hijack my hijacking of your hijack by talking about how I just hijacked your hijacking

Comment

Just try it, buddy boy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Alright! Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!
                    (Well, I AM in a surly mood, so maybe - never mind!)

Fender AND GC are actually being bought by a joint venture consisting of the Daisy Rock chick and the Walton (Wal-Mart) family. Each Wal-Mart will then have a Guitar Center in one corner next to the Tire and Lube Center. All Fender manufacturing will be moved to China
                    except for the Custom Shop which will be in Indonesia.

Now THAT's a hijack! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                      Alright! Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!
                      (Well, I AM in a surly mood, so maybe - never mind!)

Fender AND GC are actually being bought by a joint venture consisting of the Daisy Rock chick and the Walton (Wal-Mart) family. Each Wal-Mart will then have a Guitar Center in one corner next to the Tire and Lube Center. All Fender manufacturing will be moved to China
                      except for the Custom Shop which will be in Indonesia.

Now THAT's a hijack! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think I'm going to be sick... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                      Just the thought... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Must be getting to close to April 1st.

Don't fall for it.

Joe
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                          If there is a god, then the reverse is the actual story...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tekky,

You must have read my mind bro!....oh how I'd rejoice in the thought! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually I heard the Olsen Twins were buying Jackson so they could branch out and have a line of youth guitars.... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So if GC buys Fender does that mean Fender will only make the 2 types of Strats and 2 types of Teles that GC carries? That would also mean the end of the USA Jacksons. And most of the Gretsch's could be discontinued.

That'd be funny. The whole FMIC "products" page would fit on one screen. Everything else would go under the "we could special order that for you" link.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Well, if it were to happen, you can probably kiss goodbye all the dealers who carry any Fender owned product.

Comment

Working...
                                X