Rumor: Guitar Center to acquire Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor: Guitar Center to acquire Fender

i am buying GC and fmic along with wal-mart.
    just as soon as i get the loan from those slestacks.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper45hd:
      those slestacks.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
          Remember when we all laughed at the thought of Fender buying Jackson? I know it seems unlikely, but I guess what I'm saying is that its quite possible and ya never know.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was just thinking that myself.
          www.kiddhavok.com
          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me and I bet GC could probably afford it. Between GC, Musicians Friend and American Music they're pulling in well over a billion in sales each year. Lots of independant Fender dealers would drop the lines if it were to happen though.

Matt
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Somebody on the Fender Forum mentioned this: if GC bought Fender, they would probably be alienating Gibson in the process. That would be a bad move for them - Gibson and Fender are the two biggest names in guitars (with the most $$$$), and buying up one would mean losing the business of the other. It was also mentioned that Mars Music owns a couple of brands like Zoom, but stuff like that is small change compared to Fender.

Comment

Guitar Center has been having financial troubles over the past couple years. It would be much more likely that Fender would be buying Guitar Center.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyApollo:
                  It was also mentioned that Mars Music owns
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought Mars no longer exists...? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

GC having financial problems? Not that I'm aware of. Sam Ash owns a bunch of brands (Hartke, Samson Wireless, Samson Audio, Zoom) and they don't seem to have any problems with PR. The only thing that Mars owns is a lot of debt. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Matt
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Damn, I suck today. It is Sam Ash, as Matt said.

Comment

Working...
                      X