No announcement yet.

Taylor Forum Shutdown , JCF in Danger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taylor Forum Shutdown , JCF in Danger?

I would say that IF Fender was to do such a thing, I'm sure they are limited in what they have control over anyway. Sure they can dictate the use of trademarked names and logos, but I'm sure they don't have control over the use of "JCF". Plus we can talk about Jackson and Charvel guitars all we want, and they can't do a thing about it. I'll bet the only thing they could really ***** legitimately about, would be the Jackson headstock shown on the banner up top.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Jackson/Charvel has never pulled the plug on us. They have only revoked our official status. They do not own the space that the board is hosted on, they do not own the content of the board. They make guitars and basses, we talk about 'em.

Honestly guys... This is all "Chicken Little" type of stuff. FMIC has been criticized harshly here many times. Heck, even after the purchase of Jackson/Charvel, FMIC brass were insulted by some of our members and vowed never to return. But they've returned.

But take a look around, we're still here and as far as I am concerned we're going to be here as long as there are Jackson/Charvel fans.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Honestly, some of you get in such a tizzy over the littlest things.
        So Taylor's highly paid lawyers have decided to exert more control over the company's name and trademark. Suddenly Taylor sucks? I don't think so, Tim.
        Good golly, lighten up. Go get a problem or something.

Comment

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Anyone want to buy my 2001 Fender USA Double Fat Strat Hardtail? It's pre J/C takover, so it will demand big bucks!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
            Honestly, some of you get in such a tizzy over the littlest things.
            So Taylor's highly paid lawyers have decided to exert more control over the company's name and trademark. Suddenly Taylor sucks? I don't think so, Tim.
            Good golly, lighten up. Go get a problem or something.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, I am far from in a tizzy. Someone at Taylor got in a tizzy about who knows what and now they want to distance themselves from a forum that has probably been the catalyst for a lot of sales. That's just weak.

Trust me, I have problems. Give me a call this evening, let's talk about them. Taylor guitars isn't one of them.

In fact, this little bit of lameness actually inspired me to go guitar shopping instead of guitar ordering - that's always a good thing.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

whoops

- Newc

Comment

hopefully that piece of shit ESP board goes.

well..maybe not. then this place would be their ideal breeding ground for asshole flamers.

ick.

Comment

Go get a problem or something.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that, good sir, is the best thing i've heard all day!!! that's wicked funny! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

HippieTim, my apologies. I was quoting from Tim Taylor's sidekick, Al on Home Improvment. He's always shutting down Tim with the dry remark, "I don't think so, Tim".
                    Had I rememberd you were in this thread, I would've rephrased some things.
                    NOT a personal shot, sir.

Comment

HippieTim, my apologies. I was quoting from Tim Taylor's sidekick, Al on Home Improvment. He's always shutting down Tim with the dry remark, "I don't think so, Tim".
                      Had I rememberd you were in this thread, I would've rephrased some things.
                      NOT a personal shot, sir.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heh. I'm a dork.

The funny thing is that Al supposedly lives around here somewhere (outside Seattle). Or, he used to anyway. I haven't heard about him lately but folks around here used to see him around town.

- Newc

Comment

Naw yer not. If the tables were turned and you had said "what the fuck Chuck", I prolly woulda jumped too!

Comment

Isn't Al the host of Family Fued?
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

We went through this over at the old Harley-Davidson forum. Had to change the name to V-TwinForum but it's all good. They relly put the metal to the owner though and he was actually doing them a good service. Never did figure that out. Whatever. some of those Lawyers are pretty slimey.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
                              The funny thing is that Al supposedly lives around here somewhere (outside Seattle). Or, he used to anyway. I haven't heard about him lately but folks around here used to see him around town.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">heh...i've got my own Al story:

in 1991-1992 i was living at the tivoli square apts in hollywood. the manager? richard karn. he was doing that until he got the home improvement gig. i remember him leaving and seeing him on tv some 6 months or so later... it was kinda fuuny.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                                Jackson/Charvel has never pulled the plug on us. They have only revoked our official status.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was just my usual bad choice of words...sorry...didn't mean it.
                                (*bows and humbly steps away from the board) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X