Jeff Smeltz Sig KV1 # 2 of 2 Acquired.....Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Smeltz Sig KV1 # 2 of 2 Acquired.....Finally

A few years ago, I was lucky enough to latch onto this marvelous Korina bodied guitar and as much as I loved it, I had to part with it due to a divorce. I begged the buyer not to resell it, but sure enough, he allowed it to reenter the mainstream of highly collectible guitars. It vanished like a fart in the wind and until last night, it's location was as secret as the whereabouts of the illusive "1."

Like I mentioned, I received a call last night from my bud JohnnyMac and even though he's always upbeat on the phone, the guy was down right giddy. Then he dropped the news on me. He had acquired the infamous "Smeltz #2" signature KV1. I immediately offered my Platinum Visa number, but he scoffed at my offer and told me that this acquisition made up for a previous bad week of guitar purchases (or lack of.) I don't mean to sound like a sore loser, but JohnnyMac seems to own or acquire all the great stuff. Oh well, my loss, his gain. Congratulations on a truly magnificent acquisition.
    "POOP"

Re: Jeff Smeltz Sig KV1 # 2 of 2 Acquired.....Finally

Who is Jeff Smeltz?

Comment

Got any pics of this axe? Is it pretty much identical to the Dave M. sig. Korina KV1? And who's Jeff Smeltz??? Why only 2 made?

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

Dude. You have no idea how badly I want #1 back.

I'll look for some pics of it.

Comment

Re: Jeff Smeltz Sig KV1 # 2 of 2 Acquired.....Fina

Here She is in All Her Glory!!
          Jeff
          Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

"The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible."

Comment

Nice one, but who the hell is Jeff Smeltz? It just looks the same as a Dave Mustaine KV1 to me.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yea, I agree.
                That looks more like Dave Mustaine Signature model but Jee Smeltz signature KV?
                What's the difference other than it was custom shop made and Korina wood?

Comment

Hmmm....if I recall correctly, Jeff Smeltz was supposed to be the original replacement for Randy Rhoads after Randy's tragic death in '82. It has often been said that Bernie Torme was the first choice...not true...Jeff Smeltz was Ozzy's first pick.

Due to an unfortunate Gardening (!) accident right before joining Ozzy on tour, Jeff was unable to go and Bernie Torme got the gig. It was only a minor slice on his left hand but it was a enough to change history.

Jeff was/Is a MONSTER player, a shred-king if you will and who knows what would have happened had he gone out with Ozzy. We might never have seen Jake E. Lee!

Ahhhh fate....Cool guitars though. I've heard about them for years. Great Score.
                  Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    You have no idea how badly I want #1 back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you had the illusive "JS-1?" I was under the impression its whereabouts were unknown. I've only been able to track its history as far back as the Dark Continent Tour when it was briefly stolen and then found in Zimbabwe. To my knowledge, JS-2 is the only one that's been in circulation.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Ehh...just find a Korina KV1 and have the headstock redone to throw the sig. on there...

- Joel
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

*Quote* Ehh...just find a Korina KV1 and have the headstock redone to throw the sig. on there...

- Joel

Yeah, you could... but it still wouldn't be one of Jeff Smeltz's originals.
                        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

right...and as i always say, "he who smeltz it, dealtz it!"

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

yeah, looks like a korina KV-1, but that is a cool story, with an unfortunate accident. poor bugger.

Comment

Wasn't Smeltz a huge Bogner amp endorser?
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X