Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TO THE ADMINS.....

Was I talking to you? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey guys whatever the case, I apologize for my blunder. However, please know that I tried searching for the post, and while it showed up in the search, when I clicked on it, it said your post does not exist. So naturally I thought it was deleted. So I came back to this section, and the post was nowhere to be found. As someone mentioned here, most forums, when their threads are moved, still show the posts in the same group, but put the word, "Moved:" on the left of the topic. As for why I posted publicly, so that people could learn the mistake I made and don't have any of their posts deleted or as I later found out moved. So sorry for any blunders I have made here. Thanks for reading!

Comment

Hey dude, go check that post now! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I did Ron, and replied it too. Now you go check it out [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ! Take care!

Comment

Originally posted by Fragger:
            Hey guys whatever the case, I apologize for my blunder. However, please know that I tried searching for the post, and while it showed up in the search, when I clicked on it, it said your post does not exist. So naturally I thought it was deleted. So I came back to this section, and the post was nowhere to be found. As someone mentioned here, most forums, when their threads are moved, still show the posts in the same group, but put the word, "Moved:" on the left of the topic. As for why I posted publicly, so that people could learn the mistake I made and don't have any of their posts deleted or as I later found out moved. So sorry for any blunders I have made here. Thanks for reading!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As stated earlier, you could have saved yourself the emberassment of a wrongful public accusation by sending an e-mail or PM to one of us.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

hey everyone, look! a dead horse!!! whatcha think we should do with it? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                hey everyone, look! a dead horse!!! whatcha think we should do with it? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

sully
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why, let's all drag it into the front yard and kick it!
                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:

sully
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

where did the "beat a dead horse" expression come from anyway? It doesn't make any sense, to me atleast.

Comment

Let's see if I can beat Ron to this...

BEAT (OR FLOG) A DEAD HORSE – “Though he supported the measure, British politician and orator John Bright thought the Reform Bill of 1867, which called for more democratic representation, would never be passed by Parliament. Trying to rouse Parliament from its apathy on the issue, he said in a speech, would be like trying to ‘flog a dead horse’ to make it pull a load. This is the first recorded use of the expression, which is still common for ‘trying to revive interest in an apparently hopeless issue.’…” From the “Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins” by Robert Hendrickson (Fact on File, New York, 1997)
                      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you are beating a horse and it dies there is no sense to keep beating it. You doing something that has already been completed for no reason. What's the point of beating a dead horse, it's already dead beating it will solve nothing.

Comment

I get what it means.. just curious as to where the hell it came from, I mean why a horse out of all things?? since when do people beat horses to death? haha

edit.. thanks mariner!

Comment

It happened all the time in the preindustrial age. Horses were beasts of
                            burden, and if the horse didn't want to carry the load fast enough it was often beaten to get it going. Some beat their horses to death, mistaking exhaustion for stubbornness, or not caring.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Once again Man proves its ignorance.

Comment

I tried to beat my meat to death... he just spits at me and refuses to die. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X