Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO THE ADMINS.....

Hello Admins...

I'm not contesting anything. Just asking why was my post called, "H/S/H Vs. H/S/S Vs. H/H... for Dummies" deleted? What did I do wrong? I just wanted to be educated on that matter. Please point out my mistake so I could correct it. Thank you!

Re: TO THE ADMINS.....

Your mistake: Assuming that it was deleted. Never assume, because you can make an ASS out of U and ME.

Look in the Non Jackson/Charvel section.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thank you!

[ March 26, 2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Fragger ]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
        Your mistake: Assuming that it was deleted. Never assume, because you can make an ASS out of U and ME.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah yes, wise words from Felix Unger....... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah yes, wise words from Felix Unger....... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinking Benny Hill, but yeah, that works. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

I never did like that expression. I get it, but I just think it's stupid.
            When you assume something, you show that you have some developed sense of deductive reasoning, and are not an ignorant sheep who must be spoon fed every item of information you receive.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I see your point, Newc, but in most cases
              the ASS-U-ME parsing is invoked when someone makes an invalid assumption - when the person doesn't HAVE enough info to make an informed assumption.

Had the guy said, "Hey admins, what happened to my post?" he'd have made the right inquiry and not left himself open to the comeback. People don't get called
              on thses things when they make the RIGHT assumption, do they?
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When a post disappears without mention, it's valid to assume it was deleted. Most forums just append "MOVED" to the front of a moved threads title and edit the post to point to the new thread. It's a little more work, but it saves someone making a new thread wondering WTF happened to their post.

Comment

Want some cheese to go with that whine?
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It is not valid to assume it was deleted. If validity is based off of the only one premise, the post not being there now, it was just proven invalid with a false conclusion of it actually being moved. Just some basic logic [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Newbies should get a feel for which forum their threads should go in.

-Capt. Obvious

Also, it's better form to email the admins privately on some matters. Link is at the bottom of the page.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by budman68:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:

Dave->
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinking Benny Hill, but yeah, that works. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, I guess I actually missed that particular Benny Hill [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I agree with both Jeremy and Ron - better to email the Admins privately, rather than create a new post (which, again, is in the wrong section) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          It's also much better to read an entire Forum's section offerings to decide where your post should go. Since each section title has a brief description under it, it should be easy to determine. Of course, that's just an assumption based on the logic of having been on the internet more than a week [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

However, given the recent thread-locks, ass-banning, and so on, it is logical to assume your thread was deleted rather than moved to the appropriate section due to the simple fact that many forums simply lock it, stamp it, and copy it to the proper section as BM said.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Another way (to figure it out your own damn self rather than posting for all to point & laugh at you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ):

Click on your name in a thread
                            A separate profile page will open
                            Click on View Recent Posts

Voila: there are all your recent posts!

ie

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...sts;u=00002967
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, really intuitive. I know I view all my recent posts at least twice a day to make sure none were moved. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X