Wondering about Charvel and Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering about Charvel and Jackson

I am wondering, since Charvel's return, will it effect Jackson to build thier guitars slower?
    How many builders are working for Jackson/Charvel now?
    Do the same people build Jackson and at the same time build Charvel?
    As I saw Charvel seemed to receive a lot of orders(many EVHs I can imagine) from the dealers, will it push Jackson to the side and Charvel to have more priroity than Jackson?
    It is just my opinion but I kind of wonder how will this "return of Charvel" effect Jackson especially build time and attention to Jackson community.
    As I see so many new stuff coming from Charvel, I kind of expect the same cool new stuff from Jackson too.
    What do you guys think? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Wondering about Charvel and Jackson

The Charvel bodies are made on the Fender side of the building, and then completed on the Jackson side.
    They're working now on new/better/faster production techniques to speed up production, including pre-building finished blanks (fully painted and cleared bodies) and they'll route for pickups and trems as the orders come in.

That was the word from John Walker at NAMM, anyway.

Hopefully that will lead to being able to order a USA Select with minor options at no extra cost (reverse head, pickup routes, etc).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well Newc, sounds like we're in the right direction as far as those minor options. I hope it comes to pass.

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

That would be great if it came to pass. Especially if it included pup configurations on the Jackson side of the building. The ability to get say a single hum, or a hum/single without paying for a CS piece would be killer! I'm not gonna hold my breath though. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Yeah, then Newc will shut up about it.....maybe! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]Oh the suspense is killing me.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
              X