More NAMM News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More NAMM News

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about this, so pardon me if it's been posted already:

Jackson is working on a limited run of the Double Rhoads. It won't be identical to the YCE Big Red - it might be black - but several more people will have an opportunity to get a real Double Rhoads than just the YCE Buyers Group [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This is indeed fantastic news AFAIC.

No news on when they'll hit, though.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: More NAMM News

That sounds cool.
    Anything else other than DR? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Crap - didn't realize I posted this in the USA section - I meant for it to go in the General section.

Anyhoo, John Walker also said they're working on new production methods that will allow for faster, smoother building, including building the Charvel bodies on the Fender side, and making up batches of "body blanks" that are finished and ready for necking so they just have to route pickups and bridges as the orders come in.
      This may help with adding small options such as reverse heads, custom pickup routing (H-S, H-H, 1H, etc) on USA Selects and Charvels without going total Custom Shop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

What happened with 7string Fear Factory signature and also Kevin Bond RRV signature that people used to talk before NAMM?
        I kind of expected more signature series guitars by Jackson.
        Are they gone now?

Comment

Probably on tour with the guys who paid for them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

That's interesting on the Double Rhoads. It'll be cool to see.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Crap - didn't realize I posted this in the USA section - I meant for it to go in the General section... Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your mistake for ya, Newc... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

haha,(quote) probably on tour with people who paid for them, lol.

Comment

That sucks.
                  I guess we will stick with PC1, JJ again in next new catalog... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Jackson is working on a limited run of the Double Rhoads.
                    Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Hmmmmmmmmm, wonder where they got that "blast from the past" idea [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That is cool....no problems what-so-ever [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Now...if only they would allow Firebirds to be made again [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

FMIC [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Yay! I really need a Double Rhoads. Most other Vs, even KVs, look puny on me.

Comment

Me 2.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ralph [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

love the look of "big red".. don't think I'll get one though.. I'm not that big.. wel I'm tall enough but really skinny lol
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I got the ball rolling on 3 sig models last year:

1. COW&amp; - Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string SLAT (just saw the 1st run proto last week) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

2. SJRKB1 - Kevin Bond RR24. Just saw proto last week and the graphics aren't quite perfected. You should see the Kelly he ordered and transfered to Drum City Guitar Land! AMAZING!

3. MM1 - Mark Morton. Completely new model designed by Mark. To see what he's playing now, check out www.dirtjunior.com for backstage pics from Ozzfest.

Of course, I'm no longer involved in this aspect of Jackson, so I'm not sure what the final products will look like. These are just 3 guys that I was working with (and still confer with regarding their models). Look for all 3 in January is my best guess.

Lata,
                              McD

[ QUOTE ]
                              What happened with 7string Fear Factory signature and also Kevin Bond RRV signature that people used to talk before NAMM?
                              I kind of expected more signature series guitars by Jackson.
                              Are they gone now?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X