What case for a Soloist????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What case for a Soloist????

I'm a little confused about cases... Do they make a case to perfectly fit a soloist or dinky body guitar? All I see fit strats.. with room left over for movement if you have a soloist. I want a black tolex or skb that fit my soloists snug. Do they make them, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] and if so who?

Re: What case for a Soloist????

I'd say call Kevin Easton. He got me a case to fit my 7-string and it does to a T.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, what Tekky said. Check Jackson's website for the specs and prices on cases. I got one from Scott @ VWallguitars for my JJP (it's the JCC922) and it fits the JJP fine, also fits both of my Dinkies, the Scott Ian JJ, even the Surfcaster models. I believe it also fits the 7-string models like Tekky's got. I'm sure a Soloist fits in it, too, but the JCC921 seems to be the most common for them.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I bought an SKB case for my Soloist Pro a few years ago, and it's a perfect fit.
        sigpic

Comment

My Soloists fit nicely in cases made for Fender for Strats and Teles. I am sure the regular G&G Strat/Tele cases are the same.

Comment

Well the case I have for my Shannon has enough movement, that under the right circumstances, I can see the tip of the headstock hitting the inside of the case. I wonder if GC has any SKB cases around to try on for size and fitment. I spoke to MF and they had no idea what differences there were between cases.

Comment

You may want to check out the Deluxe version of the G&G case as well. I think it has a little more padding in it (like down at the lower area where the strap button rests and in the bottom liner) than the standard cases. I would compare, but all of my recent G&G's are deluxe versions.

Comment

Thanks guys, where can I find the G&G cases? Do you know how much they run? I know Musicians Friend has the SKB's for about $80.

Comment

Did you call Kevin Easton yet?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No, I don't have the money yet! I didn't want to waste his time till I can actually buy something.

Comment

Working...
                    X