More whining about the JCF *groan*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More whining about the JCF *groan*

Ohhhhh no, here we go again. More complaining about the new JCF. When will it ever end? *big groan*

So, I was using the Search function to look for the pictures of my Shannon since I didn't know what server I had saved them to on the internet. I found my topic where I was sharing my Shannon pictures for the first time with the JCF. The problem was that my picture links were broken, showing up as red Xs. That doesn't seem right because I never delete pictures. So, I right-clicked and went to Properties to find the web addresses, and everything was correct except the file extension had UBB tags inserted into it, so that broke the links.

The reason was that the Search function automatically bolds and italicizes the term you search for using the Search function. I had searched for "Shannon" and found my topic. My pictures were labelled shannon1.jpg, shannon2.jpg, etc. So the keyword, being in the file extension, had UBB tags for bold and italics inserted, rendering the links inactive, leading to the beautiful sight of red Xs. I then performed a search for other words I know I used in my topic, but not using "Shannon", and the pictures came up fine.

Just my observations. I don't really see it as much of a problem unless somebody else tries to perform a search for my Shannon pictures and turns out that the links are "broken". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ehh. Finished I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] But I love the new format.

Re: More whining about the JCF *groan*

cool

Comment

You could just name your pics something else... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Then they would really have a problem coming up! (quote from above)

Most message boards won't UBB's on the link, probably because in the URL the word is part of the address, not allowing the search engine to pick it up. I wish I knew more about search engines and how they operate. Do search engines use perl scripts? I've been studying the language a lot, and I wonder if you could... You'd probably have to use somthing else along with it, perhaps something to display the variable ($).

Funny observation though, I never would have thought about it!

Comment

Good observation and thanks for letting us know.

I have another minor thing with the new layout, which i might as well put in this thread (hope it's ok):

When looking at the "Main Index" and hover the mouse pointer over a truncated subject in the "Last Post" column, in the old days, my browser would show a pup-up description box showing the full length subject. Not anymore with this new board. I haven't changed anything here locally. Whassup? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You could just name your pics something else... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then I can't go back to the old thread to edit the links to accommodate the changes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then I can't go back to the old thread to edit the links to accommodate the changes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talkin about from now on!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Good observation and thanks for letting us know.

I have another minor thing with the new layout, which i might as well put in this thread (hope it's ok):

When looking at the "Main Index" and hover the mouse pointer over a truncated subject in the "Last Post" column, in the old days, my browser would show a pup-up description box showing the full length subject. Not anymore with this new board. I haven't changed anything here locally. Whassup? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it sounds like a browser setting, I don't think it's the board. I could be wrong though, it has happened many a time! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I noticed the same thing.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X