evh guitars way overpriced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: evh guitars way overpriced

[/ QUOTE ] Hoss, whats up with the 2 series? What's the difference? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    1.) UNLIMITED PRODUCTION SERIES
    2.)90 HANDSTRIPED AND PLAYED INCONCERT EBAY SERIES
    3.)100 CUSTOM SHOP EXACT CLONES OF THE CHARVEL FRANKY SERIES

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      100 CUSTOM SHOP EXACT CLONES OF THE CHARVEL FRANKY SERIES

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks, this is the one I didn't really know about.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        The originals weren't Charvels, so I am pretty sure Warmoth does Strats shapes correctly...that is what EVH's was.

[/ QUOTE ]Where do you get your info?? Kramer forum [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
        The Only experts would be those who have had their hands on EVH's guitars. Tom Anderson, Lynn, Grover, Wayne and EVH himself and his techs. those are the only guys I will listen to when it comes to EVH's guitars.

According to Tom Anderson and Wayne Charvel, The VHI Black and White body was a Charvel made by Wayne Charvel from Schecter Templates.

According to JoAnn and Grover Jackson as well as Wayne Charvel the VHII was a Charvel, I believe them.

Charvels came from Schecter templates so they are basically one in the same any way you look at it. Boogie Bodies were spawned from Charvel's ideas. Although these guys were not altogether under the same roof I still consider them under the Charvel name to be Charvels either way you look at.

Hossman,

I know you fancy yourself the expert, but Frankie wasn't Charvel. I know you rationalize that since Lynn Elsworth, or however his name is spelled has a link to Charvel, then it is Charvel. I guess that makes my vintage Schecters Charvels as well. In either case, Frankie was an Elsworth Strat body and neck. It was routed for 3 singles and a vintage trem. Then EVH hacked out the back route to fit a humbucker. Are you going to argue that the body, regardless of who made, wasn't a strat copy? Give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am speaking strictly about the first one...Frankie. It is a lynn Elsworth. EVH has stated time and time again that is the case, as has Lynn in interviews. Lynn's stuff, Waynes, Warmoth, and SChecter were all made together, so call it what you will. The fact is that that first guitar was nothing more than a Strat replacement body made by them. It wasn't an original design. The black and yellow was definitely Charvel. I read the same stuff that you did.

Comment

Opps I posted this in the Star Tread - But it still worked :lol DOOOOHHH

The orginals were Charvel.

The first one's body , as I have mentioned, is a PURE Charvel stratshaped body made by Wayne Charvel. This now black red and white body that EVH was been using for the last 26 yrs. It's NOT a Lynn Elsworth Boogie Bodies body.,it is Charvel according to the real sources that know and the first NECK was Charvel/Boogie Bodies as I call it. EVH pushed the name Boogie Bodies after both he and Wayne both left Charvel to Grover Jackson. EVH wanted nothing to do with Jackson. But he kept using the Charvel franky Body, probably for the last 26yrs. Hope that makes sense of where I am coming from.

The Star shape body is an orginial design inspired by EVH's cutout Ibanez. It is PURE Charvel. Wayne made it under EVH's inspiration. Do not for get about the Hydra too.

So there you have it more or less 3 or 4 guitar bodies PURE Charvel made for EVH with a variatity or necks interchanged on them some Charvel, some not. Those being with a couple of original designs in mind are

1) Franky
          2) Star
          3) VH ll
          4) Hydra

Of course the strat body is Fender designed easily copied. But the whole make up of EVH's VHI and VHII is a strat and les paul hybrd idea,. with a single hum, single volume, heavy strat body. unfinsihed wide and thin large fret neck. Not an entirely original design, but a Frankenstein guitar of EVH's own artiscally painted ideas and an unavailible to the public guitar, that he could call his own.

I initially was hoping they would make exact limited masterbuilt clones of

1)the VHI black and white with single him single vol pickguard with Large headstock and Fender Vtrem. wide thin large fret neck no finish. Heavy body
          2) the VHII with the painted headstock, small logo brass trem schaller keys and paint. neck back same specs as when it was delivered to EVH by JoAnn Jackson during the photoshoot of the VHII record.
          3. Black white and red Franky with the black headstock VHII neck with paint removed from the back and unhooked neck pickup Fender V trem.

Comment

He played the "I win" (aka TWINX) Charvel last night and it sounded incredible!

McD
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

The first two auctions ended, and I forgot to save the auction links to them. Anyone still got the links? ...I'm curious what they finally sold for.

Comment

I initially had a big problem with the price but I came to the realization that my problem was based on the fact that I can't afford to buy one. With that said, if I could afford one I would probably snatch one myself.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The first two auctions ended, and I forgot to save the auction links to them. Anyone still got the links? ...I'm curious what they finally sold for.

[/ QUOTE ]

They both ended around 14K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Comment

$14K??? Holy crap that's alot of money!!

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Thanks, man. Honestly, I would've expected them to go for more than that.

The B&W buyer pays $14k for a guitar, but buys their toddler's clothes on Ebay. ...Nice priorities! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And the B&Y buyer seems to buy a lot of rock & roll memoriabilia. Just picked up an old Baretta for way top dollar, too. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

wow!!

Comment

P.S.- Based on McD's post, I'm guessing "TWINX" is next? I'll bet that goes for even more than these two.

...More [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't forget the highest dollar paid by the end of this year also gets the EVH motor cycle..

Comment

$15k first one was the bw
                              $9k second one was the by
                              $14k for these last 2 one by one bw

$40k so far average 10k each. 90 guitars total $900k or more in the end. Surely Dec 31st will be the ending date on this and the last guitars will bring a lot.

Who knows.

Comment

Hoss, I believe only two guitars have been sold thusfar. Aren't these two the SAME two from the first auctions. i.e., the auctions were pulled and later restarted.

I may be confused ( [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ), but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X