Minorities and Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minorities and Jacksons

There is no ill intent in my post. I know the JCF has people from all over the world. I am curious as to whether or not anyone here is of African descent? I met a guy locally in town who has a pretty cool collection and happens to be African-American. Great guy and he can play well too! My suspicions are that there aren't many brothers into Jackson guitars. So, stand up and be counted oh brothers of music. PS: can anyone recall a black female Jackson endorser?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: Minorities and Jacksons

Kennslp is African-American, I believe.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

not sure about the female endorsee part, but yes, the jcf is not all a bunch of crackers. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I noticed before Sully that you said you lived in Lombard at one point. When was that? I grew up there and now live in VP.

Comment

i lived in lombard in 82-89, lived in wheaton in 89, hollywood, ca 90-92, then back to il, carol stream, then back to wheaton in 95. now in dallas.

sully

[ March 31, 2004, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I don't know if it was an endorser, but I distinctly remember an African-American guy in Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time" video playing a Jackson. That was actually one of the first Jackson neckthrus I ever saw on TV--at least that I noticed. Since Rick James produced that song, maybe it was a member of his band.

Comment

There aren't many people of african descent into metal it seems. Kinda odd, since you'll notice quite a few asian metal-heads. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

im asian. thats kinda rare.

i eat my wonton soup and pretend to play guitar at the same time! ha!

Comment

The guy in the Bus Boys (48 Hours) had a Charvel Star IIRC.

Then there was the guy from P-Funk that had the Model 6 on Ebay.

And then Randy Jackson had a pink w/ white pokey dot Concert bass when he was in Journey (Frontiers).

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                    The guy in the Bus Boys (48 Hours) had a Charvel Star IIRC.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Victor Johnson, now in Sammy's band. And, I might add, a helluva nice guy! (met at NAMM at the Voodoo Labs booth)

Comment

Tony Macalpine is the 1 guy I wish FMIC would pick up to endorse Jackson.

Comment

Charvel750 - about Biohazard- they weren't interracial - 2 of them ( evan and danny ) we're Jews and billy had Italian roots but that's all ( does it qualify for interracial ? .

Sunbane

There aren't many people of african descent into metal it seems.

not many , but most of the good bass players are black ( i don't know why but it looks that way)

from metal and related : Bodycount and bad brains

Kinda odd, since you'll notice quite a few asian metal-heads. - yup , they have actually some very good thrash metal bands in Japan [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

18 replies and noone's mentioned Suffocation? Their drummer and guitarist are both A-A, but he plays an old warlock.

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead:
                            Kinda odd, since you'll notice quite a few asian metal-heads. - yup , they have actually some very good thrash metal bands in Japan [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought more of bands like Death Angel (Jackson!). I also think that the lead guitarist of British DragonForce is from HK originally, unless I'm totally mistaken (btw, that guy's playing is absolutely nuts! He shreds his socks off while going crazy with a whammy pedal - sounds like...errr...an insane slide player on crack? Something like that.).

How about native americans? I got the idea that Eric Peterson (Testament) had such roots, but I may have confused him with someone else(?)...

Comment

I don't know the guys name but he played in Mothers Finest late 80 early 90s He is A-A and when I saw them he played a 2 hum soloist neon orange and green.And is an incredible guitar player.That band was bad as hell.little bit of funk,soul,fusion but all metal.They opened for Men at work( I know they suck)and tore the house down and when MAW came on people started leaving.
                              Check out Mothers Finest they ROCK. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X