Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) Jackson! Anybody know where it is now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) Jackson! Anybody know where it is now?

I was wondering if anyone might know what happened to his white Jackson Strat from the Wasted Years vid and the Stranger in a Strange Land vid. ya know the one with like a gazillion knobs and switches!

Re: Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) Jackson! Anybody know where it is now?

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...=000149#000002

Look in that thread for some Iron Maiden Jackson/Charvel/Wayne eye candy! Adrian actually used his black Charvel Strat with the maple neck and Floyd Rose in the "Wasted Years" video and that synth-loaded (I think) gazillion-knob no-pickguard white Strat in the "Stranger In A Strange Land" video. I don't know if he still plays them, but I have seen a recent photo of him playing his white Jackson Strat with the black pickguard on the Maiden website.

Comment

Thanks, NOTP! I shoulda known you were the guy to ask. I coulda swore Adrian was playing the white one in the Wasted Years vid too. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I just bought their video collection on DVD. If you haven't seen it, GET IT! It's killer! I'll have to watch it again!

Thanks for the link to that thread too. I thought Dave always played Fender, I guess he got converted. He saw the light! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Maiden played practically anything... Fenders, Gibsons, Jacksons, Charvels, Waynes, Lados, Squiers, Deans, Ibanezes, Hamers... now settled down for long-term Fender use, although they'll occasionally break out the Gibsons and their acoustic Gibsons/Taylors and Steve's Guild acoustic bass.

Actually, I'm no authority on Maiden, but I'm getting obsessive. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I JUST watched the "Wasted Years" video on my "Somewhere In Time" Enhanced CD, and yup, it's the black Charvel maple Strathead Strat with the Floyd! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Yeah, my Maiden collection still isn't complete. I badly want a "Live After Death" video, but the only ones I've seen are on Ebay and they're Brazilian-made or something. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, I just bought Visions of the Beast on DVD, and it has every video they ever made on it! It brings back so many memories. One of the best things I've bought in a while!

Comment

I'm still waiting for it to drop down in price a little bit before I go spending my hard-earned money on videos that I already have on the Enhanced CD releases. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But yes, full-screen DVD-quality goodness will be well worth it. Strangely enough, the "Rainmaker" video is my favorite, and it's their second-latest release.

Go to www.ironmaiden.com and download the "No More Lies" video to see Dave punch Janick in the jaw during the song. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought I saw it in a Bruce Dickinson video.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                I'm still waiting for it to drop down in price a little bit before I go spending my hard-earned money on videos that I already have on the Enhanced CD releases. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But yes, full-screen DVD-quality goodness will be well worth it. Strangely enough, the "Rainmaker" video is my favorite, and it's their second-latest release.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have The Number of the beast DVD - and I got it for free! I won it at an Iron Maidens gig....heh heh.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I won it at an Iron Maidens gig....
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  Gotcha!

Comment

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

http://theironmaidens.com

Comment

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I won it at an Iron Maidens gig....
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          Gotcha!
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">don't stir him up, man. You just make it worse for all of us [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Someday I'll get you Ron! sniff... sniff... someday... I swear by all that's holy.... I wiiiillll! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Still waiting for an apology.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X