Jackson PUP high end drop off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PUP high end drop off

I bought a used 1990 USA Fusion that someone had swapped out the stock Jackson PUPs in favor of Duncans. I recently got a set of Jackson J-50BC and two J-200's from a Charvel Model 6 because I wanted to restore the Fusion to it's stock PUP configuration. There is a catch though. Since the PUPs (bought on e-bay) came from a Model 6, they also included the active mid boost circuit. I used to own a Model 6 and liked this circuit, so I had that installed rather than the stock Fusion Wah/Wha circuit, which I never found very useful. Problem is, now, when I roll down the volume knob on the guitar, I get a moderate treble drop off. This stinks, because I work the volume knob quite a bit when I play and the tone I am currently getting with the volume ramped down is not satisfactory. I have owned or played plenty of Model 6's with the identical PUPS/circuit that I now have in my Fusion and I have NEVER experienced this high end drop off before now. I took off the back plate and noticed that the guy who installed the PUPS for me used a 500K push/ pull tone pot instead of the recommended 250K pot. I had requested a 250K push/pull pot (to split the coils on the bridge HB) based on info I had gotten here on this site, but he said they are hard to come by. Both the volume and mid boost pots appear to be the stock Jackson 50K's. Would a 500k push/pull tone pot in place of the standard 250K pot have any effect on tone when I turn the volume knob? The guy who installed the pups says, "NO", "the tone and volume pots DO NOT interact", but I know this high end roll off is not normal for this circuit. Is there something else that might have been overlooked? Can anybody offer a potential solution? Does anybody know where I can find a schematic for the Model 6 circuit?

Thanks,
    Ricey
Working...
X