Jackson PUP Logo touch-up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PUP Logo touch-up ?

I've been itching to touch up the White that has rubbed off of the Jackson logo on a few of my pickups. Have you guys done this ? What's the best way ? Thanks. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson PUP Logo touch-up ?

i have not done this. but i suppose a really really fine brush or even say a toothpick. something small like that to just hold a very small amount of paint.
    I guess you mean on the raised logo as oposed to the flat silk screened type logo, which would be a ***** to do. the raised one shoud not be too hard if you take your time and have a steady hand.

Comment

I did this on a few of my J/C guitars. First I had this crazy idea that I could paint some notebook paper and just lay it against it.That was good for a laugh! Then I used (as mentioned) a toothpick. Nope. I really wanted it to look "real". (If you have done this you know what I mean.) Then I went to the old jewelers eyepiece and the end of a protractor(sp)! Seemed good enough for me! A little anal I guess, but, whatever. I did find that the logo was flatter in some places than others, almost concave, if you will, and that helped. Just a thought for ya bro!

Comment

White paint pens work great for that. I got one at office depot, but you can probably get them at any office suppply place.

Comment

I did this with a very fine hobby paint brush and white testors model airplane paint. I also tried an eye makeup applicator. Both work OK if your careful. After I touched up the white, I laid down several coats of Testors clear coat acrylic enamal (on the white logo only). Hopefully, this will keep it from just wearing down again. That was last summer and it is still holding up, though I should add that I am more careful now with my picking technique than I used to be and I also lowered that PUP's a bit.

Ricey

Comment

Working...
          X