Model 6 vs. SL-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 vs. SL-3

Which one do you think is better and why?

Re: Model 6 vs. SL-3

Model 6 - better fins, binding on head and neck, darker rosewood board.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Having tried an SL3 at GC, I have to say that I like my Mod6 a lot more, it really felt like it had more mass to it than the soloist, and the sound was stronger

Comment

I like the looks of Model 6 that has bindings on neck and headstock but I prefer the pickups on SL3 much better.
        Of course you can buy the Model 6 and change the pickups too but if the price is the same, I would pick SL3 because of the pickups.

Comment

I would pick the Model 6, personally, although it would need more work, as you'd have to change both pickups and bridge to bring it up to Soloist specs, versus just having to change out the crappy trem on the SL3. The Model 6's just 'feel' more solid and high-end to me.

You can't really go wrong either way.

Comment

1 More in favor of the 6..... For all the above reasons.

Comment

Not even close, the Model 6. Even the JT-6 Floyd is miles better than the current crappy JT-580LP.

Comment

Model 6 by far!! Theres plenty of used pickups around..
                Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Model 6 and swap the pups if need be! Hhmmm... Model SL6??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Of all the SL3's Ive tried not a single one has impressed me much. They just dont got that feel!!

Comment

My 650xl beat the proverbial pants off the SL3 I tried. Go with the Charvie.

Comment

Model 6 all the way! Much more solid guitar and contructed with more attention to detail. I had an SL3 and ditched it really quickly, just felt cheap, although I must say it sounded great!
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I'll buck the trend. I pick the SL3. It has better pickups. The SL3's bridge works great. (I never did understand the carping about that bridge, having lots of experience playing them and zero problems). The SL3's neck is thinner (based on the ones I've played), which I like. The SL3's heel contour is deeper, for better upper fret access. And you can get some nice flame top finishes in the SL3 that are unavailable in the Model 6. Plus, the SL3 is a Jackson instead of a Charvel (both are cool, I just think Jacksons are cooler).

Comment

Someone mentioned the 650XL...... forgot about that one. The 650XL would be the best one since it has the Schaller/Floyd. I really think the 87-91 Japanese Charvel/Jacksons were every bit as good as the USA models. I pick up a new DK-2 and the neck just sucks compared to the older Japanese models. The fretwork is nowhere near as good on the newer ones.

Comment

I'd take the Model 6 with a Kahler over the SL3. Model 6 with a floyd would be a toss up for me.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X