USA Jacksons rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jacksons rare?

Seems to me that it can be tricky to find USA Jacksons at stores. I was told at one store by an employee that they just cant move them cuz of the $$, so they just carry low and mid ranged Jacksons.
    I believe the most I saw in a shop were 3 ( a dk1, Kelly and a SL2)hmmm alittle annoying It doesnt seem like Guitar Center likes to carry them at all from my experiences, but then again I'm weary of their stores anyways.

Re: USA Jacksons rare?

I dont know where all these JCFers get all their cool guitars.

I've never seen a USA jackson in a GC before, even in the used section.

I wouldn't say that they are rare, its just that alot of people dont like to sell them once they get them, i guess.

Comment

Hmm.. Not that hard to find, you just gotta look in all the right places. GC usually doesn't carry USA Jacksons (though they used to about 2 years ago). Go for lesser known shops. A bunch of hole in the wall shops carry USA Jacksons in my area

Comment

my record of USA Jackson seen in one store is also three.. a Y2KV, RR1 and SL2H
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

hmm, in the netherlands it is even less, I once had an sl2h in my hands, and I once saw a sl1 and that is it, here those guitars are over €2500,- so it is not that weird they don't show up often.

Harrald

Comment

well in the Netherlands there is one guitarshop that had 4 USA Jackson last time i was there...Dijkman in Amsterdam, but their prices are just insane, even a simple USA Dinky goes far over 2000 euros, and they even sell Japanese ones for 1500 or something.
            plus all guitars are badly tuned and cleaned.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I dont know where all these JCFers get all their cool guitars.

I've never seen a USA jackson in a GC before, even in the used section.

I wouldn't say that they are rare, its just that alot of people dont like to sell them once they get them, i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to a decent guitar store and not GC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I´m actually pretty serious, most of the "real" guitar stores I´ve seen have USA Jacksons hanging right next to the Gibsons and PRSes, regardless of stateside or here in Europe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you go to the McDonalds of guitar stores, why do you expect something other than "general Public" guitars. Most GCs Ive seen barely have ANY USA made guitars at all, much less Jacksons [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

GC=McDonalds good analogy Z.Used gear stores have USA Jacksons from time to time.Best way to get one is from a forum member.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The most # of USA Jacksons I've ever seen in a guitar store at one time was a whopping two; a Soloist and Rhoads. This was over ten years ago.

Comment

Although I've had decent luck finding USA Jacksons at GC, they have always been NOS guitars. A couple years ago, I bought a NOS RR2 that had literally been hanging on the wall for over four years. All along, they were asking $900 (w/o OHSC) and wouldn't budge more than $100 on it. One day I dropped by for a sale, and it was marked down to $399, so I grabbed it. Similar situation with my DR2 a couple of years prior. But while visiting a friend in Mankato, MN, we stopped by Rhapsody Music, and they had TONS of USA Jacksons, including some customs. I couldn't afford a USA, but I did walk out of there with an AT2T.

Anyway, checking the smaller shops usually yields better results. Music Go Round stores sometimes get batches of NOS guitars that the other retailers can't unload, or they used to, so you sometimes can find a good selection there.
                    sigpic

Comment

My local store doesn't have USA Jacksons because they can't keep them in stock- most are sold before they arrive.

Comment

I had never seen USA Jackson's except for one SL1 until just recently...Steve's Music in Toronto now has like 3 DK1s, an SL2H, a KV2, a KV2T, a KE2, an RR1 and an SLS... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

best place to look is online... local stores barely ever carry anything good.

Comment

I had this problem when I was looking to get my first Jackson. I ended up getting an awesome RR1 from a fellow JCFer.

Comment

Best place to buy cool Jackson is right here.
                              I see some of coolest stuff in the classifieds section.
                              Also the dealer section, these dealers have great selection of Jackson and customer support.

Also E-bay is always a great place to check things out.
                              Widest selection for sure.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X