USA Jacksons rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USA Jacksons rare?

I stopped by the GC here in Vegas today. They had about 4 Jacksons. None USA. They had a whole wall full of Gibsons. Some getting near the $5K range.

Comment

Well...In Dayton OH (actually Centerville OH) there is a store that at any given time has at least 6 to 10 USA Soloists, 3 or 4 other USA Jacksons, and several Jackson imports. Not to mention 25+ PRS. Also Gibson, Fender, Schecter & Ibanez. Needless to say, they are well stocked.

The problem is price. Before the 15% increase a Soloist had a tag with at least $1499.00 on it. They refuse to come down much...even for repeat buyers. They say they will match MF pricing...big deal...it's MAP. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] They get pissed that people come in to check out how a perticular guitar plays, then order elseware. Anymore I go in only to look...I don't even touch them. Over the years, my band bought over $5000 worth of gear there. A few years back I purchased a BOSS GT-3 processor there. I called to let them know I was on my way. I picked it up, and naturally, when I got home, I opened it up to play with my new toy. Only to find pencil wrighting in the manual. Come to find out, I paid full price for the floor model, and they werent even out of stock. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I called them up and complained. The only response they had was "it's a 25% restock fee if you return it". The store policy is 25% restock charge on opened or used gear....They are the ones that opened it! I could have paid $40 less, and got it at MF (with a 45 day return), but I opted to be loyal to my hometown store. It's a crock of SHI [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]....M-kay...I'm done.

The moral to the story is, from now on, ALL my new Jackson USA purchases are from one of the forum dealers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I live in NYC and there is nothing here.

Comment

In Australia, Ive noticed that larger stores are slowly stocking less ESP's and hanging more US Jacksons on the wall. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Up until lsat year though I never saw any..

Comment

I have only found a few (3-4) USA Jacksons new and sometimes 1-2 used USAs @ GC in my area. Unfortunately, there is no other guitar store around that carries Jackson.

Comment

Sadly, from what I've seen here in Denver, GC will only do lower-end Jackson. I wonder if that's just GC, though, figuring that the "market" doesn't want USA-made Jacksons. So rather than be stuck with high-end "shred guitars" in a non-shred time, they stick to what they think will move out the door quickly. Can't blame them for that.

Still, it would be nice to see a shop with a decent selection of Jacksons. I don't like the idea of ordering something like a Jackson sight unseen - someone ought to be able to stock a few for people to try out.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I gotta agree with the consensus that the dealers around here are the best source for USA's. If a brick-and-mortar dealer doesn't have a USA but does carry Jacksons, they can order one for you, but by doing so they usually charge the highest possible price.

Comment

A GC opened in my area about six months ago, maybe a year. They carry J/Cs but, in all of that time, I have NEVER seen a USA Jackson or Charvel. Nothing but imports. And, of those, the vast majority are at the cheapest end of the import line. JSs, DK2s, etc. (..A freakin' TON of high end PRSs, Gibsons, et al, though. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] )

The one or two other local dealers - mom & pop shops, not chains - do stock maybe 2 or 3 USAs each. But they charge ridiculous prices and, hence, have had the same 3 guitars for all of that same time.

Comment

Working...
                  X