Anthrax and Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthrax and Jackson

hey all, anybody seen the Anthrax "Live the Island years" CD (from 1994?)? If you get past the horribly stretched-to-fit-a-CD picture you can plainly see Scott with what looks like a soloist, and the other dude there (sorry) with a jackson V of some sort. Doesn't look like a RR, but perhaps a KV or something.

Also pictures in the liner notes have Scott with a NY jackson ,like the one guitarxpress had. Cool.

How does this fit into Scott's JJ usage?

Comments? Just curious, I'm a huge Anthrax fan [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Anthrax and Jackson

Dan Spitz?

Comment

Danny Spitz is playing essentially a cut down Rhoads. Jackson made him several of these with various paintjobs or woods. Danny is about 5'2" tall, so most normal size guitars look pretty silly on him.
      Scott also had many Jackson custom jobs like the NY Soloist, and the NOT soloist which had frets up to the twelveth fret.
      These are old photos, pre JJ for sure.

Comment

Forgot about the not soloist.

Comment

Ahh - those were the days... Scott Ian with hair, playing a white RR, with "NOT" shaved into his chest-wig! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Scott played the same white RR1 on the S.O.D. "Speak English Or Die" album, the one with the anarchy symbol between the pickups, I think...Ahh, those were the days....Scott was the God of superfast heavy palm-muted downpicking, second only to Hetfield in that area. (and maybe Eric Peterson from Testament was his equal, too...) [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, Scott had the white RR with the anarchy symbol on it, also I believe it had a NYHC sticker on it (New York Hardcore). That was pre-endorsement deal. Scott (and Frank Bello) briefly had ESP endorsements in the '80s and he used to play custom made Tele models called The Eclipse (ESP now calls their Les Paul copies the Eclipse for some reason). And Scott had the NY Yankees string-thru Soloist with NOT inlayed on the board. He also had another Soloist (either black or dark blue) that had a rifle scope/target on it. Dan Spitz' RR models were, as Chuck said, downsized, and known as a "Dinky Rhoads"... it's 7/8 the size of a normal RR, he had quite a few of them, even a 10-string. The Dinky Rhoads later went into production with a reverse headstock and became the Xtreme RR.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't forget the Camo-finish Marshall cabs! Those guys had all the coolest gear, back in the day. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, Scott was way faster and way heavier than Hetfield. I could play all of James' stuff back in the day, but there are still Anthrax songs that I'm having difficulties with.

Comment

I agree Scott's playing was heavier and could be ahrder. It doesn't always seem like it though because Anthrax wasn't as dark and serious as Metallica was in the 1980's.

Comment

Thats what made me an Anthrax fan. I like metal, but cannot stomach all the doom and gloom imagery. The swords and sorceror crap just cracks me up.

Anthrax ruled!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                        Thats what made me an Anthrax fan. I like metal, but cannot stomach all the doom and gloom imagery. The swords and sorceror crap just cracks me up.

Anthrax ruled!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whaddaya mean ruled?? They still do [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And they´re playin´ Wacken this year [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Anthrax has only improved with age. That band is as tight as a nuns c**t on good friday ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Scott is da man [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:

Anthrax ruled!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here. The uptight angst shit is fine once in a while, but it gets old fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chuckracer:

Anthrax ruled!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whaddaya mean ruled?? They still do [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And they´re playin´ Wacken this year [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll be seeing them in 3 weeks! Woohoo!!
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X