ESP is copying Randys white Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP is copying Randys white Rhoads

Today I saw pics from the Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany. ESP is more and more respectless in copying American originals. Now they displayed a copy of Randys white Rhoads. My scornfulness to ESP is growing.

Re: ESP is copying Randys white Rhoads

Actually, that's probably Alexi Laiho's signature model.

Comment

Who hasn't ESP copied? Everything else there looks like a Gibson, Fender, or Jackson except for that F-series thing below the George Lynch model.

The sad part is that their knock-offs often cost more than the originals. That Rhoads bootleg will cost you about $1000 more than a USA Jackson Rhoads (at least in Japan; don't know about Euro prices)

Comment

well yeah. and it looks like a modified version of their ESP Alexi Laiho sig.

Comment

It could also be the Export Series model, the SV Standard. Must admit, looks cool in black with the gold screws in the pickup biezel

http://www.espguitars.net/oversea/st...gt/sv_std.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
            Who hasn't ESP copied? Everything else there looks like a Gibson, Fender, or Jackson except for that F-series thing below the George Lynch model.

The sad part is that their knock-offs often cost more than the originals. That Rhoads bootleg will cost you about $1000 more than a USA Jackson Rhoads (at least in Japan; don't know about Euro prices)
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Over here it´s even worse [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Innovation was never the strongest point of ESPee or Ibeenhad, that´s why I proudly play Jacksons and Gibsons and steer people away from the Japs wherever I can [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ibanez did have one thing they did first, which was to bring a practical 7-string to market.

Comment

I have begun to wonder how ESP gets away with copying body shapes like they do.

I mean, Gibson just won a lawsuit against PRS because their single cutaway guitar too closely resembled a Les Paul. So how on earth can ESP market an Eclipse that looks just like a Les Paul without getting sued also.

Comment

Maybe it's nationality? Suing someone in another country is a lot harder than suing someone in the same country as you.

I think that PRS's double-cutaway was nothing in comparison to the level of copying ESP does, and think they should have just ignored PRS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Machine:
                    I have begun to wonder how ESP gets away with copying body shapes like they do.

I mean, Gibson just won a lawsuit against PRS because their single cutaway guitar too closely resembled a Les Paul. So how on earth can ESP market an Eclipse that looks just like a Les Paul without getting sued also.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">PRS got sued by Gibson because they didn´t pay licensing fees (for the trademarked shape) like others do, at least that´s the official story. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

ESP on the other hand sells most of their "trademark infringements" on the Japanese Market only, good example is the Amott Flying V [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey man, welcome to last week.

Comment

More importantly(!) - Any pics from the JACKSON stand?!
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                          Maybe it's nationality? Suing someone in another country is a lot harder than suing someone in the same country as you.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They may pay licensing fees, as well. Look at the Navigator line. I can't imagine them being able to sell those anywhere without paying something to Gibson and Fender.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli:
                            More importantly(!) - Any pics from the JACKSON stand?!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SLY posted them (in the wrong forum)

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=16;t=001262
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                              Actually, that's probably Alexi Laiho's signature model.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep it is ! that other one in the second pic is dave mustaines axe .//Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X