Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP is copying Randys white Rhoads

Originally posted by Sunbane:
    Actually, that's probably Alexi Laiho's signature model.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I visited the ESP website, and there's this model shown as Alexi Laiho "signature" model. There are similar other Rhoads copies shown like Kai Hansen "signature", Michael Amott "signature" and the SV Standard. It's an absolutely impertinence of ESP to copy Randys Jackson Rhoads and then calling it as ESP players signature model. It's Randy's signature model no one elses signature model, especially not if it's from another manufacturer who copied it.
    ESP is also copying the Charvel Star and calling it Roope Latvala "signature" model.

Comment

Yeah well, this is nothing new. Like child of norther said: "welcome to last week" - they've been doing this for the last 10 years. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sunbane:
        Actually, that's probably Alexi Laiho's signature model.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep it is ! that other one in the second pic is dave mustaines axe .//Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Noup it's not [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . The signature has only one pickup and has different inlays...See this .

Comment

Yes it is....that's a white DV8...you can see the neck pup behind that card...and the 8ball inlay [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            Yes it is....that's a white DV8...you can see the neck pup behind that card...and the 8ball inlay [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm... I was refering to Sunbane's original post. He thought the white V on the first pic was the Laiho signature, which Steve agreed to, but it isn't... 2x [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah, I stand corrected. Sorry, jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden:
                Hmm... I was refering to Sunbane's original postwhich Steve agreed to, but it isn't... 2x [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, Steve said

"that other one in the second pic is dave mustaines axe .//Steve"

emphasis on 2nd pic

So, POKE YOU 4X! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  No, Steve said

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So you thought my "noup it's not" refered to the second sentence? It didn't, it refered to the "yep it is [Alexi Laiho's signature model]". You should have seen this, since I used the word "signature" (Sunbane's post) and not the word "axe" (Steve's post) in my next sentence. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Lives needed here. Go outside, guys.

Comment

crucify me now, but i'm a huge gamma ray fan, and Rhoads copy or not, i'd love to have a kai hansen signature ESP, but they are too hard to get and too expensive. getting a custom Rhoads made up like that ESP would be cheaper.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

the AL signature is only one hum and no pickguard, so that's a different one.

but I agree that it's kinda shameless to copy body shapes that way....
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by TDurden:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                          No, Steve said

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So you thought my "noup it's not" refered to the second sentence? It didn't, it refered to the "yep </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then why did you include that sentence? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Chuck, you be quiet!
                          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.espguitars.net/edwards/index.html

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X