Edward with a Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward with a Star

Does anyone have other / better pictures of this Star? Was it the 1st Charvel Star build for Eddie? I would appreciate any info you may have on this guitar.

Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: Edward with a Star

There's 2 ok shots of it in that guitar legends mag. I would scan it for you, but it's busted. Hopefully someone else has it. It's on pages 30 & 35

Comment

Here you go. I scanned this in a while back from a japanese special issue mag on EVH.

Comment

Our own Atomic Fruitbat had one that was similar to that. If I recall correctly, I think Hossman has it now.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

What's with that ugly headstock? A pointy would've been MUCH better!

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the headstock too...It looks like its from a danelectro or something. Ugly!

Comment

it is a danelectro... for some reason Eddie preferred them... When you look at frankenstein, it was clear he wasn't really concerned with the look of the guitar..
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Wait a minute.... He preferred a Danelectro neck? ... Over a Charvel neck?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I always knew that dude was weird...

Comment

Then Rhoads must be weird too...his Polka Dot V had a Danelectro neck. Maybe cause' Dano' necks had bigger frets, a stable neck, and a radiused fretboard long before most companies ever did. IMHO, that neck looks great on the Star...and I've owned over 250 Dano's, they have GREAT necks...it's all in the set-up, and most Dano's you come across are more than likely not set up as well as they could be.

Comment

They must not be. Because I have yet to try one that I have liked. That's just my opinion.

Comment

yeah those dano necks were nice and flat and very charvel-esque... i have put them on strat bodies with floyds....very cool. and nice big frets...

Comment

i thought his sandoval had the sandoval-made neck? at any rate, if it was a dano, it Must've had a stable neck, his sandoval didn;t have a truss-rod.

Comment

Well, it did have a truss rod {2 steel bars}, it just wasn't adjustable.

Comment

Here is ed with another Charvel Star (Blue Burst)

Here is the Guitar that Atomic sold to me (Atomic Classic pose)

Nice little details

Comment

Wow! That's a cool star. I like the reverse strathead neck with stars. Is that a Jackson or a parts gtr or what?
                              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X