Edward with a Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edward with a Star

That Danelectro-style headstock was also used on ESP's Akira Takasaki model, which was rather a Star-style guitar itself.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures! The Star that Atomic is holding, is that a recent build custom shop (insert manufactor here) or some kind of parts guitar?

I guess Eddie got his first Charvel Star body around 1978... i wonder if that's the one in the picture at the top [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I believe the Atomic Tommy/Hossman Star is the work of GMW, right?

Comment

Atomic Tommys Star was custom built by a local luthier,it's not a GMW or a Jackson!!Chucksplatter

Comment

Regardless of who built it, that thing is COOL! Love the inlays...

Comment

Didn't Eddie cut the star body out of his old Ibanez Destroyer first and then Wayne built him the black and white one?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah, eddie cut out the shark mouth out of his ibanez korina destroyer, and apparently wayne saw it, and built him one. they named it the star because he says everyone hoped eddie would become a star. i dunno if the black and white is it. isn't that a repaint also? i think i recall seeing ed with a white star with a dano head...?

Comment

It was painted by Dan Lawrence of GMW

Here is a Pict of the Destoryer

Comment

They orginals were Charvel.

The first one's body , as I have mentioned, is a PURE Charvel stratshaped body made by Wayne Charvel. This now black red and white body that EVH was been using for the last 26 yrs. It's NOT a Lynn Elsworth Boogie Bodies body.,it is Charvel according to the real sources that know and the first NECK was Charvel/Boogie Bodies as I call it. EVH pushed the name Boogie Bodies after both he and Wayne both left Charvel to Grover Jackson. EVH wanted nothing to do with Jackson. But he kept using the Charvel franky Body, probably for the last 26yrs. Hope that makes sense of where I am coming from.

The Star shape body is an orginial design inspired by EVH's cutout Ibanez. It is PURE Charvel. Wayne made it under EVH's inspiration. Do not for get about the Hydra too.

So there you have it more or less 3 or 4 guitar bodies PURE Charvel made for EVH with a variatity or necks interchanged on them some Charvel, some not. Those being with a couple of original designs in mind are

1) Franky
                    2) Star
                    3) VH ll
                    4) Hydra

Of course the strat body is Fender designed easily copied. But the whole make up of EVH's VHI and VHII is a strat and les paul hybrd idea,. with a single hum, single volume, heavy strat body. unfinsihed wide and thin large fret neck. Not an entirely original design, but a Frankenstein guitar of EVH's own artiscally painted ideas and an unavailible to the public guitar, that he could call his own.

I initially was hoping they would make exact limited masterbuilt clones of

1)the VHI black and white with single him single vol pickguard with Large headstock and Fender Vtrem. wide thin large fret neck no finish. Heavy body
                    2) the VHII with the painted headstock, small logo brass trem schaller keys and paint. neck back same specs as when it was delivered to EVH by JoAnn Jackson during the photoshoot of the VHII record.
                    3. Black white and red Franky with the black headstock VHII neck with paint removed from the back and unhooked neck pickup Fender V trem.

Comment

Thanks for the extensive info, Hoss!

I'm still puzzled by the Star body though. As i understand, Wayne did the Star body for Eddie after he sold the company to Grover. But that can't be true i guess, since Jackson made the Star later. Who's got the rights to that body design - Wayne or JMIC? I'm **** up, please help :-)

And while we read, here's another pic of that trendy Ibanez:

Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I agree with Hossman, I'd like to see period-correct exact replicas of b&w Franky, & VHII....

Comment

I posted the above info in the wrong thread DOOOHH - but it still works Sorry Guys :lol

HERE ARE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ABOVE:

Am i right that the backside had no body contours at all? Some did some did not

Am i right that the area where the neckplate attaches, were thick and level with the rest of the back of the body - no recess here? Yes

Am I right that the frontmost strapbutton were placed directly on the neckplate?
                          Yes most of the time.

What neck did they come with - Strathead i suppose?
                          22 fret with squareish heel or 21 round heel?
                          ALL including a pointy

Which older year model are the new Charvel Star's aiming at? It surely can't be the initial models, eh? Dont know ??Stars have been around since 1979 EVHs first one.

Comment

Here is a caption on the destroyer

Comment

Here is another style of a Charvel Star..
                              Oz

Comment

If I recall...

The Oz Fox guitar above was originally a Karl Sandoval Explorer. The guitar eventually got a Charvel neck, then the body was cut to the shape you see above.

Oz also had a Strat head star (he plays it in the Honestly video)

I've read interviews with Oz and he still has all of his Jacksons/Charvels.

Comment

Working...
                                X