The Euphoria!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Euphoria!

Thanks, guys. I've always wanted a PC-1 ever since I bought just a neck to one and put it on a Dinky. This one was previously owned and the dude replaced the Dimarzio pickups and Sustainer unit. The EMG's sound most excellent, as they usually do in a maple topped guitar. While the body is gorgeous (it's a transparent violet) the neck is to die for too. It's quilted maple as well. Very smooth player with tone to boot. Definitely one of the best Jacksons I've owned. Thanks for the nice compliments. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Damn, way to capture the quilt there!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Which EMG models are in that guitar, and what do the little toggle switches do now that the sustainer is gone?

Comment

Do you know a way I can contact the pervious owner to see if he will sell the sustainer to me?

Comment

Sorry, he already sold the Sustainer. The EMG's are SA/SA/85 with quick connecting wire. One of the mini toggles is a kill switch (great for those Randy rhythm flicks) and the other is a dummy, just installed to make it look complete. How did those work in the original with the Sustainer?

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I mean [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

One turned on the sustainer to hold a note for however long you wanted to. And the other turned on the harmonic mode that turns everything into a cool feedback. The knob controlled how fast the harmonics were produced.

It would be cool if the sustainer was still there, you can do a lot of impressive stuff with it!

Comment

Very nice.. Looks like you got some new red silk bunched up on the guitar practically... I could never get a guitar that looked like that because I would feel bad playing it and running the risk of putting fingermarks on it or somehow damaging it!

Comment

A sweet one for sure. Joe, if you ever decide to sell it, keep me in mind too. I may be interested.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really looking to sell this. I posted it because I've never seen a quilted top that nice and was wondering if this was typical of the PC-1. Sometimes you get a spectacular example, others it's more run of the mill. I plan to play it, in fact, we have a show this weekend. But it's not really for sale, sorry!

Comment

mine isn't that nice. the body is a pretty loose quilt, but the fretboard is to die for. go figure. my local jackson dealer had one in solar (like mine) but the body quilt was better deep and tight, but the fretboard quilt was barely noticeable.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                        Yeah, I'm not really looking to sell this...But it's not really for sale, sorry!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No problem, bro. Sorry, hope I didn't come on too strong there. I'm not usually one of those immediate "how much you want for it" posters. I just meant if there's ever a point where you change your mind. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sick, just sick.

Beautiful.

Joe
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

No sweat, Shreddermon, I said that to CMOA. Some of the staunch left of this Forum believe I may have been peddling my wares...

When in reality I've tried to sell a guitar maybe three times in all my days on this forum, most recently a Peavey Vortex to Rik.

Comment

Sweet PC-1, Joe! I've never seen the Euphoria in person, maybe someday. When can I stop over? Just kidding.

Comment

Damn, I thought this was gonna be a post about Vinnie Vincent!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Nice guitar there Joe, looks stunning. Me likes a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X