• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DXMG pickups :S

I tried a DXMG last week.
    EMG-HZ on it.

no active pickups isn't it?
    just wondering where is the battery spot..
    I'm not much into EMG stuff BUT every fucking guitar shop in here was telling us EMG-HZ were ACTIVE PICKUPS.
    Rip-off or what?
    [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson DXMG pickups :S

HZs aren't active. Salesmen aren't in the know. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

It probably has the active preamp like the other MG series models - so they go: "Oh, space for a battery...must be active pickups!"
      [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope. The DXMG just has the two passive EMG-HZ pickups, one volume knob, and one tone knob. No preamp and no battery. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The DXMG and the SLSMG are the two MG Series Jacksons that don't have preamps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, that sure says something about those sales clerks. I'd like to go in there and say "Oh, they're active? Where does the battery sit?" - and insist that they showed me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nice way of avoiding embarrassment at the hands of me correcting you. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, I've been embarrassed so many times it hardly embarrasses me anymore. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, that sure says something about those sales clerks. I'd like to go in there and say "Oh, they're active? Where does the battery sit?" - and insist that they showed me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">MAN I HAVE TO TELL YA

THIS IS WHAT I'm GONNA DO! LOL

Comment

I've got a D"K"MG and it has the same EMG-HZ (H3) pickups as the DXMG and they are definately NOT active.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedMetal:
                    definately
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BleedMetal:
                      definately
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">bleedmetal:

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Working...
                      X