Post Fusion pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Fusion pics!

Just to add, the heel is contoured as well.

Comment

It could be a Fusion, with that lower horn cutaway and the spacing of the pickups looks about right for it, but it still could still be a 24 fret dinky. Especially from 89. All orders were still custom then and Fusions as a production model were released in 90. Check the scale lenght and put us all out of our misery!!

Comment

nice guitar, Ralph.

But a good lesson for you kids - make sure you put your guitars AWAY before you let the housepainters in!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

25 1/2.

I was just looking through the 90-91 catalog (I don't have an 89), and they have a pic of a "Strat 24", which looks identical to what I have.

Comment

25 1/2, Dinky it is. It is still a sweet looking guitar.

Comment

I like that graphic! I have a Fusion and really appreciate the short scale, which makes bending a little easier. I have chronic tennis elbow (brought on by too much heavy bending on a poorly set up Strat Copy many years ago). The Fusion's short scale has been a Godsend for me. My favorite style guitar is the Soloist/Strat style and the Fusion is the best guitar that I have ever owned that gives me that look and functionality in a short scale guitar. I think the old Jake E. Lee models and 750 XL's where short scale too, but I could be wrong. The only drawback to a Short scale guitar with three PUP's is that the space between Pups is tight, so if you normally like to pick in between the PUPS, it can give you a little trouble. I have adjusted to this. Carvin also makes several nice 25" scale Strat style guitars. This is the same scale length that most PRS's use. This is longer than the FUsion, but still shorter than the standard Strat/Soloist 25.5" scale. Bending is a little easier than with a Strat/Soloist (but still not as slinky as the Fusion) and you have more room between PUPS than with the Fusion. I used to own a Carvin, but sold it in favor of Fusion. Like someone else said, measure the distance from where the strings pass through the nut to where they rest on the bridge. If it is 24.75" it is a Fusion, if not someone else will have to help you out.

Ricey

Comment

Ralph, I was fairly confident yours was a Dinky and not a Fusion. I have never seen a Custom Shop Fusion before anyway in all of my years of collecting. Regardless, that is a fine guitar for sure.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yea no wonder I never got a response. I asked if there was a case and a tremelo bar. Seems every guitar I buy comes without a arm. I am leary of anything without a case. If I would of bought it I probably would have had had to sell another. So it would have sucked if I would have had to dump on of my others to keep a piece. Another thing that scared me was no truss cover. Always wonder if some idiot has been cranking on the truss.

Nice score though. A fusion dead give away is always the switch in the middle of the two knobs. The mid thing je- whatever I forget right now. I have two dinkys with the scalloped horn-same era. Usually if it has the two knob placement with the slider its a dinky(from that time period). Custom shop guitar you got so it was impossible to be sure. I just think usually you don't see small scale customs. Also you can always tell by the string tension at 440(of course if you can play it).

Congrats Ralph-I mean I hate you, damn where did that come from [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/k Good Score

Comment

Hey Ralph, why are you posting pictures of your Dinky in this Fusion thread? You're OFF TOPIC dude! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                      Hey Ralph, why are you posting pictures of your Dinky in this Fusion thread? You're OFF TOPIC dude! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X